Problem with Iexplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleem1305

Hi All,

Iam using windowsXp and facing a problem with Internet explorer..

When I open Task manager, In process tab there are two internet explorers services running whereas I cant see any Iexplorer in task bar.....I removed Iexplorer using Add or remove windows components still it appears in tak manager... :(:(

Is my sytem in trouble...???

I scanned my pc with latest definations Antivirus Still cant find any threats.......tried to kill the process using pstools but din't succeded....

can any one sujjest me how can I resolve this???? I have attachced the logs of Hijackthis....

Thanks in advance......

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 5
Seriously - if you're being precise and you have a process called Iexplorer.exe in your process list then it's not Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer's process is called iexplore.exe. That is likely something very unwanted if you're being accurate in your description. I'm not good at reading hijackthis logs, but I'm sure when some of our other members get some time they'll take a peak and let you know.

it is in my experience that this is commonly spyware or trojan downloader. If it were me, I would run not just antivirus but, tools such as superantispyware, adaware se, spybot search and destroy and pctools- registry mechanic. hope this helps

iexplorer.exe is a process belonging to the AdClicker advertising program. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Thanks spehling....

I tried by running spybot search and destroy many times..but no luck...

And yeah I use to get pop-up windows of some adds and now no pop-ups appears....
and my pop-up settings always displays them.... coz i wanted them to display....

And now I can see only one Iexplorer.exe running in my task manager with no pop-ups.....

Daily bases I run registry cleaner and antivirus scans....

Thnks

a temporary, immediate fix would be to go to msconfig and go to selective startup, uncheck the process that is giving you trouble.

I disabled Internet explorer.exe using add or remove windows component... still it show up in task manager and i cant see service internet explorer running in msconfig aswell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back