Problem with Touchpad on Vista Home Premium Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

Hello,

I am having a problem with one of my families laptops. It is Gateway MT6729 Laptop with Vista Home Premium. The laptop is only 3 months old. When I boot into OS my "Synaptics Pointing Device" is not behaving properly. My standard L-click acts as a R-click and my R-click does nothing. When I diseable the "Synaptics Pointing Device" the L-click is L-click, buy R-click does nothing. Here what I did allready:
-No virus.
-Vista fully updated.
-Drivers updated.
-Restore point did not work.
-Safe Mode has the same effect.
-External devices work fine.

In any case the R-click does not work. I have kind of pushed the idea away that the Button is malfunctioning, since this is 3 month old laptop, but who knows...

I am dumbfounded?!?

Download the latest drivers, and the previous versions. The Gateway support site works well.
Uninstall the old Synaptics software... even to the point of using something like RegClean to get ALL evidencel out of the registry.
Then shut down. Cold boot, shut down ALL security software, then reinstall in SAFE MODE.
Also, Gateway tech support people are still very good. Talk to them on the phone before you do anything more drastic to protect your warranty.

Hmmm, why didn't I think of that; to go thought safe mode, however it did not do a thing. Same old story. I will attempt to contact the tech support, but that is tomorrow morning.

If any one has MORE IDEAS speak up.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back