Problems after upgrading RAM

So, I just upgraded my RAM from Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2x4GB @1600 MHz to Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2x8GB @ 2400MHz. After installing the modules, I booted up my BIOS and updated the DRAM frequency to 2400 MHz. But, when Windows booted, it took a bit longer than usual, started pixilating, and, shortly after, it froze. It does this really consistently, like, I have to boot up multiple times just for it to be stable. Is there something I missed when upgrading my RAM? Or is this due to something else entirely? I've made sure the RAM modules are in the right DIMM slots and that they are compatible with my chipset. Also, if it's relevant, when my desktop boots up (right before freezing), I get an Origin license agreement notice.

Relevant specs: i5 4670k @ 4.3 GHz
GTX 970
MSI Z87-G45 mobo
Corsair RM750 power supply

Thanks in advance!

If you install the old RAM do the problems go away?
I just solved the issue. So, the problems didn't go away after putting the old RAM back, and after looking around in some other forums, I figured it was a vram issue. But, my card is brand new basically, so I thought about under clocking my vram. I open afterburner, and behold: my core and memory clocks were set to +1000. After changing these back the problems went away. I have no idea how this could've happened, and why it happened when it did.

Back