Problems transferring old VHS videos to my Acer laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm a newbie who has a problem and i could do with some help ?

I purchased the a CnM click and convert Transfer Videos to DVD or PC Product so I can convert VHS videos onto my PC. I am using the Scart interface supplied attaching a Sony Video Cassette Recorder SLV E710 to my Acer Aspire 5735 laptop using Vista. I am getting the video but not the audio on my PC. I have followed the instruction booklet on dealing with audio problems on Vista . However my audio driver is Realtek High Definition Audio which doesn't appear to have the properties described in the booklet. Can anyone help please

CnM Click & Convert - Transfer Videos to DVD or PC
Features:

1. Composite A/V and S-Video inputs
2. Edits the video or still image in MPEG formats
3. Captures video and audio source from VHS, V8, Hi8 etc.
4. Detects NTSC/PAL automatically
5. Video resolution: NTSC: 720 x 480 at 30 FPS or PAL: 720 x 576 at 25 FPS
6. High quality MPEG 4/2/1 capturing
7. Auto edit videos with a combination of cuts, transitions and effects
8. Direct burning to DVD or VCD
9. ArcSoft Showbiz DVD powerful video editing software
10. USB2.0 connection
12. Includes Scart to RCA adaptor
For Microsoft Windows XP / Vista
All I see is Video Video Video, does it actually do Audio? What does it say in the help file?

Feature 3 says captures video and audio source.

Help file says

why can't my audio system work under Vista

Solution How to make sure audio source is in (turn on) mode

1. Click control panel and choose sound for setting
2. Click Playback.... click speakers....click properties for the settings
3 Click levels and check if "rear Blue In" is in(turn on) mode.(Realtak High Defn has no rear blue in ?)
4. If the option "level" does not show up in "Playback"please update the Vista supported Audio card driver. (Don't understand what this means ?)
5. Check if the "Line volume" in the Recording page is in (Turn on) mode. please click recording....check line volume....click properties for the setting
6. Click levels and check if "line volume" is in (turn on )mode. If the setting is 0 the audio output can not be heard. Please adjust to a valid number.(None of this eems to exist with Realtek High Definition)
7When you start the computer, please press"Del" to enter the BIOS. If your BIOS has this option HD Audio mode" pleease change this to Vista.(Tried this assuming DEL means delete but couldn't get into BIOS ?)

Problem resolved. I was trying to use my usual video editing software rather than the sftware sent with the product. I have added the new software and have vbideo and sound. All tapes now on system and I'm transferring them into my usual video editing suite so everything now ok.

Chelseadons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back