Problems with home wireless connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came into this situation, so my knowledge of everything isn't as complete as I'd like. My mom's computer was set up with a Linksys wireless router before I moved in, and when I tried connecting to it with my laptop, it never picked the signal up (though it picked up every other bloody signal in the neighborhood). Just recently I've tried fiddling with it to see if I can't figure out what's wrong, and downloaded Network Stumbler and lo and behold: no wireless connection is detected. I don't know what password the router was set up with, and neither does my mom, and I don't know what the guy did wrong, but is there anyway to reset it back to factory specifications, so to speak, and start over again?

Actually, one last question: my laptop is connected to the wireless I just set up, but it's still just randomly disconnecting and then immediately reconnecting, is there any way to solve that?

also and just my 2 cents, no wireless is without issues like that, it can be how far away u are from the router, how the antenna is pointed, or any # of other things.

I think it's probably the distance thing, but resetting the wireless really did help. Thank you guys again, for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back