Problems with TechSpot website

VitalyT

Techspot started exhibiting issues for me, about 5 days ago, by no longer showing images. And now it got worse, it barely works anymore. I cannot see any images now.

At least 50% of the website appears to be down. I cannot fathom what is going on, but this is the first time I'm seeing such a long outage ever since I joined years ago.

I'm located in Ireland, and my provider is Virgin Media Ireland, but I don't think it is the provider, for I have absolutely no problem with any other website.

UPDATE

Now the CSS fails to load mostly, I barely can even get to edit this, it is so awkward. What is going on, guys?

UPDATE

That's it the website doesn't work anymore at all, no CSS loaded, and the log is bombarded with errors:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
2018-08-21-image-13.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
76063-after-nearly-four-years-apple-finally-overhauling-mac.html:537 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at 76063-after-nearly-four-years-apple-finally-overhauling-mac.html:537
cdn.nsstatic.net/ns/techspot.com.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
techspotNew.min.js:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
stackpath2.svg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
2017-10-31-product-6.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
2017-08-17-product-2.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
2014-11-13-product-3.jpg:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
jquery.min.js:2 jQuery.Deferred exception: TSTopMenu is not defined ReferenceError: TSTopMenu is not defined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (https://www.techspot.com/news/76063-after-nearly-four-years-apple-finally-overhauling-mac.html:867:3)
at j (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js:2:29999)
at k (https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js:2:30313) undefined
r.Deferred.exceptionHook @ jquery.min.js:2
jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: TSTopMenu is not defined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (76063-after-nearly-four-years-apple-finally-overhauling-mac.html:867)
at j (jquery.min.js:2)
at k (jquery.min.js:2)
ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/adj/Bhjr/Acqbko:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/adj/Aeqfo/Akckgi:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/ad/Bgpa/Atzaub:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
static.techspot.com/images/ts3mobile-badge-196.png:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
static.techspot.com/images/favicon30.ico:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Last edited:
  • ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT: that's YOUR FAULT
  • ERR_CONNECTION_RESET: that's the server's fault
except, the reset can come from ANY node in your path.
  1. disable ALL extensions and add-ons
  2. reenable Javascript
  3. clear History and Cache
  4. quit the browser
  5. and re-launch it.

I have Chrome, Firefox, IE11 and Opera. The issue is identical across all 4 browsers, not related to cache or any plugins. For example, in Opera and IE11 I do not even have any plugins.

The issue is with the Website, 100%, and as I browse the web a lot, Techspot is the only website showing these problems.

And I've seen that kind of thing too and it can last for several days. The terrible screen layout is due to the missing CSS, so the browser does what it can. From your system, get a command prompt and verify:
If IP is correct, it will take about 300sec to complete.
Tthere will be a list of nodes from you to TS -- the last one in the list *MUST* be the same as the IP address from the first ping. If not, then you're loosing so much data that the entire TS content can not be loaded.

Copy/Paste the content as your reply for analysis...

Pinging works well, and the website opens pretty much without delay, but it won't load any CSS or JavaScript, well at least 90% of it. Somehow, part of the forum here works at least :)

If I keep hitting Ctrl+F5, I'm getting fairly consistent look and errors:

upload_2018-8-21_18-15-35.png

It just fails to load most of the content. Again, the only website from the entire Internet that does it for me now.

I don't know what you did, if anything, but all the problems are gone now. The website is back to normal, works perfectly. And I didn't do anything :)

Just seeing this now... glad to hear your problems are now gone. Feel free to drop a note again and I'll troubleshoot with you to fix this.

And all the problems are back again. No CSS loaded. Could it be something wrong with your hosting provider?

I don't know what you did, if anything, but all the problems are gone now. The website is back to normal, works perfectly. And I didn't do anything :)
And all the problems are back again. No CSS loaded. Could it be something wrong with your hosting provider?

it can be ANY node in the path from you to TS. Please submit the pathing results in myTSpath.txt noted earlier for analysis

...Please submit the pathing results in myTSpath.txt noted earlier for analysis

No need to, yet.

It's a CDN caching issue, hard to tell on what end it is failing, but I have reset our main CSS file and purged all CDN data. Let me know if that works. If not yet, I'd do the basic stuff (clear browser cache, reset DNS, reboot) and see if that fixes it considering that we also have pushed the reset button on our end.

Back