Programming terms and learning

Duthie

ok basically I have finished a 3 year course and qualified with my degree in I.T Sector and now I have come to the stage where I am applying for jobs, it feels to me as if there are a lot more jobs in the proggraming related area than anything else. And that having a sound proggramming background is essential.

I have only done a little programing and I want to teach myself. I understand that once I download the right software for each I could learn from online tutorial videos and try and get some basic knowledge for when I start my career. So basically what software should I download.

Visual Studio is the main one? I wanna be able to comfortably work with terms such as JAVA, C++,C#, .net etc. What other languages would you reccommend and could someone point me in the right direction as to which programs to download. I will find the tutorials myself

work with terms such as JAVA, C++,C#, .net etc
Java, C++, C# are object oriented languages. The other kind is procedural.
In both cases, there are some basic things common to all.
  • sequence of instructions
  • branching and control flow
  • IF Then Else constructions (also switch)
  • user define (created) functions
  • invoking library functions (or methods).
  • variable data types
  • data and function scope

It might be easier for you to start with an interpretive language (like PHP) rather than a complied languate.

I would recommend that you take a programming class to get started and then proceed as you are comfortable.

well I did take a programming class like 4 years ago but its a dusty memory.... We use like visual studio and I remember using terms like console.writeline and methods.

I just wanna be able to focus on one and learn it for now. Like im sure if I was able to download the software I could learn piece by piece. I understand its a huge area and alll but I just wanna start off

I am a newcommer to the field of computer programming. I have started with C++. I have done. The thing is that once you are fluent with any programing language, learning any other, shouldn't be a hassale. Mostly, it will take 2 - 3 months to learn a new one, many experts say.

If you are willing to learn C++, you will obviously need to download a compiler. Dev C++ and Code::Blocks are good and free compilers. Also, this is a very good website for beginners: www.cplusplus.com. If you can, try getting a good book. It will help a lot along with the website. That's how I am learning the language.

I hope this helps.

Hope you already know Object Oriented concept, becuse u knstudied java, c++, C# etc... Now the time to turn asp.net abecuse you already know c#, asp.net you can work with C# and vb.net. In your case c# is better choice. Asp.Net is now a days very poupalr and easy to learn. http://asp.net-informations.com gives you a detailed study of asp.net.

craig.

Back