Programs won't open, ctrl-alt-del won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so some time in the past few days I'm guessing I contracted some kind of virus. I started up my computer and I went to click on Firefox. The icon just disappeared. I then decided to try ctrl-alt-delete to check processes or something. Nothing happened. I basically can't do anything, even clicking shut down in the start menu does nothing. After I log on to the computer all I can really do is stare at the desktop. I have no clue what to do, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you start up by depressing the <F8> key to go into <SAFE MODE>. You will get a low resolution screen, but that will allow you to run a scan with spyware... which is what we believe to be the problem?
If you do not have good spyware and Antivirus software on your computer, download Avast or Avira antivirus, and SuperAntiSpyware as well as Malware bytes to a USB flash drive. Then use the flash drive to install them to your computer and run their scans.

Okay, I'm running a full scan with malware bytes right now in safe mode. I'll try to update this when it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back