PS2 online connection problem with ethernet cord

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just got road runner . use to have dsl and never had any problems with internet crap but ok now for my question i use roadrunner as i said .i do not have wireless internet or a router i only use the easy Ethernet cord from my black box that roadrunner gives you . now i have the phone/tv/internet with them and all of it hooks up into my room but any who when i went to setup my new settings for my ps2 i went threw and but manual for ip address and DNS manual and i put in my ip address netmask my 2 DNS and etc from doing cmd ipconfig/all and got all that info off it and put it in as it should go and than i test my connection for internet on ps2 it work 100% fine that works like within seconds .but when i try to login to get online socom CA at the DNAS sever thing and it waits a while than says the error 612 comes up and say please check your network connection or whatever so i need help on what to do? and yes i put in my ip address and all right i double checked so i do need some help why I'm getting this error

that black box from Roadrunner is a Cable modem. You need an inexpensive Router
and it would be installed (by you) like this:
Code:
modem---router---your PS2 and Computer(s)

jobeard has the solution. Error 612 is telling you a DLC (802.2) command TRANSMIT_TEST_CMD (11H) failed with error TRANSMIT_ERROR (23H).

or
An error code which is not explicitly handled by Host Integration Server has been returned by the DLC driver.

Which means you are not connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back