PS3 Uncharted 2: Impossible on Xbox 360 - Naughty Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister123

The Co-president of Naughty Dog Christophe Balestra, has recently stated .

?I guarantee that this game couldn?t be working on Xbox 360. It would be impossible. I?m 100 per cent sure of this. ?You can play the entire game without loading. We don?t require an install. We?re doing all the post-processing effects on the SPUs [Synergistic Processing Units]. The quality of the depth of field we have, you can?t do that on the Xbox.?

Full Story http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/08/27/ps3s-uncharted-2-impossible-on-xbox-360-naughty-dog/

I'm not anti xbox , maybe a bit of a fanboy , but its nice be reminded the extra cash for my ps3 was justified .

And there are things that a ps3 can't do that a pc can do, you learned that the hardway yesterday from posting fanboyish threads and links, as you continue to do now.

Your a bit fanboyish yourself supersmashbrada , I still contest ps3 graphics appear as good as pc on dark rain , I don't know if technical its possible ,I presume not but the proof is in the eating and until there released we'll have to wait . as for the above post are you even intrested in it or are you just taking this opportunity to remind me the pecking order of computers and consoles ?

I'm no fanboy of any type, concerning pc's and consoles. I originally grew up console gaming, up until the ps2. I do most of my gaming on the pc now because the games I like are released on multiple platforms. You say you contest ps3 graphics appear as good as pc in perfect rain, but yesterday you did a quick 180 stating how you should have put a question mark in the title, as to make sure people didnt think you were backing such a rediculous article.

Now you say you back the graphics of your machine, then saying "I dont know if technical its possible." I'm assuming you meant "technically. That statement in itself is almost contradictive.

Anyway, have fun with your ps3, I'll be buying a slim for the blueray player soon. I'm sure I'll see more of your crazy threads.

the question mark would have made the debate more open , and imply I was open for a debate on it , you can only presume what someone else thinks ,its like my little spelling mistake you presumed I ment something else.

Quote;
Now you say you back the graphics of your machine, then saying "I dont know if technical its possible." I'm assuming you meant "technically. That statement in itself is almost contradictive.

If one looks better than the other , it an open and shut case , but again this will be a matter of opinion , and if it come down to the pc version looks obviously better I'II be first to say so , but if the ps3 version looks better , I'm gonna fedex you over a bottle of ketchup for your hat .

actually that post yesterday implied pc and ps3 appeared equal on graphics, I can't even remember everything I posted yesterday but I have you to remind me supersmashbrada .

Of course you do, one more reason for me to be here. I think you know as well as I do that the ps3 version wont be equal to something on the pc. Logically generations of consoles drop every 4-5 years, while pc's, including just about all components, with the exception of ram, and hdd's are updated at least 3 times of year, 2 times at the lowest. Are you still trying to make sense. Because I'm not buying it, neither will anyone else. PS3 is a good machine, but comparatively speaking. Who cares if its better than another system at this point, because nothing is that the top, forever.

The immense scope & power of the Cell CPU is extremely hard to utilize due to its architecture. The X360's architecture is much easier to develop for, and it helps that the IBM PowerPC cores in it were the original reason for the stellar reputation of the Power Mac G5 as one of the best graphics-editing machines out there.

That being said, this thread is just silly. It's obvious that he'd say this; every game company that has a console exclusive would probably have some clause in their contract with said console owner about this! Just marketing and no more; probably timed to coincide with the launch of the PS3 Slim.

The Co-president of Naughty Dog Christophe Balestra, has recently stated .

?I guarantee that this game couldn?t be working on Xbox 360. It would be impossible. I?m 100 per cent sure of this. ?You can play the entire game without loading. We don?t require an install. We?re doing all the post-processing effects on the SPUs [Synergistic Processing Units]. The quality of the depth of field we have, you can?t do that on the Xbox.?

Yes.... I'm a happy PS3 Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back