PSU and graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what your other system hardware demands because that card needs a minimum psu of 400w.

Corsair makes great psu's.

Two questions that will help us help you:

1. What is your budget?

2. What do you want to do with your system? Give us both primary and secondary tasks.

By the way, excellent cpu.

1. about 500$, i am saving up and will be doing jobs over summer and stuff like that, I've been wanting it since christmas :3

2. Primary: Gaming on my 17" and maybe another like 20" screen
Secondary: listening to music, recording commentaries for games in HD, school work :p

going to get windows 64 bit from a friend.

You linked us to a 5670 rather than a 5770. The 5770 is the better way to go. How soon do you want to build? How long do you think it will take you to save up?

Remember this about hardware including cases: There is always a sale going on.

reviews say it can run crysis on high on a 24 inch screen.

I want to build it once, i get all my parts :p

I think it will take me like 2 months or so to save up, my dad and my grandma know i've wanted this so they may help me out :3

Okay, here is what I believe will be your best course: Don't buy anything at this time and continue to save and research.

Then when you are ready to buy your parts post here again and we'll work it with you. You'll get excellent advice from people like Ritwik7, HelloKitty, and several others.

I see you have alread posted to red1776's Budget Building Guide.

I am probably going to update in the future but i will probably upgrade the PSU too :p

I'm prob. going to upgrade the Graphics Card, PSU, and Processor in the future, but I will get a better PSU at some point. This is like a "base".

The HD 5750 would be a better buy than the HD 5670. I'm pretty sure that the 5670 will struggle with Crysis on a 24" screen unless you play at some low resolution.

The Corsair 400CX is a good choice if you're going with either of the above cards.

Certainly worth saving a bit for the 5770 or 5750.
I played crysis on a 24 inch with my 9600gt...but of course that was on low resolution.

Basically, i want to run crysis on high on my 17.5 inch screen.
For that 5670, they say they can run crysis on high on a 24 inch screen and get like A marks on Street Fighter.
I mean, I might get a new screen later at some point but that would probably be after I upgrade.
I don't really want to break my budget, because I wanted to build an okay machine that could run games on maybe high on this screen.

But, If i need it then i guess i could get this graphics card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127494&cm_re=5750-_-14-127-494-_-Product

it doesn't tell me how many watts i need?

Playing Crysis with all settings maxed out on a 24" screen would require a very powerful card I guess. Depending on your resolution of course. If you can save and purchase the HD 5770 then good. Else the 5750 would be ok.

The Corsair 400CX should run the HD 5750.

You could also go with the BFG Tech GS-550 550W.

The 5770 is roughly equivalent in performance to the "old" HD 4890, which is itself not that far away performance-wise from the HD 4870; consider those over the 5670\5770, if you can get them cheaper. (check eBay too; some good deals can be had there)

If you're interested, there's a 5770 available here for $135 with free shipping.

I also recommend this RAM kit; cheaper and free shipping to boot.

Please look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJg7T1-o9E

its running Crysis on high and is like the card i selected.

I'll use that RAM Rage :3

I'm running a 1440 by 900 screen.

So, the 5750 or the 5670? 0_o I really never wanted a better suggestion I just wanted, hey can these two run well? I've seen things and i'm sure it can run stuff on high or close. Usually people recommend better stuff when they don't answer my questions and it makes me sad but you guys have answered my questions so :D.

Edit: I wrote 5770 instead of 5670 because I got a new keyboard and I didn't look at what i typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back