PSU voltages are way low, please help get right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teklord

All,

My voltages are way low in Speedfan and my system doesn't work right as well. I haven't run any business apps, but game emulators like Dolphin and PCSX don't work right at all. Games that should be @ constant 60 FPS, aren't. I know the PSU is fine because I used it in my last system and it worked just fine with normal voltage readings. Ever since I put it in the new build though, the voltages have been too low from the start. Do I need to replace the motherboard or is there a way I can fix this? Here are the readings and see the attached screenshot.

Vcore1: 1.01V -12V: -4.13V
Vcore2: 2.11V -5V: -0.78V
+3.3V: 1.57V +5V: 5.54V
+5V: 6.85V Vbat: 3.15V
+12V: 4.74V

thx all

Attachments

• Speedfan voltages.JPG
    Speedfan voltages.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 2
What is the make, model, and the amount of wattage output of your psu?

Have you tested the psu with a multimeter?

What is the difference between your old build and the new one? Does the new build require greater power?

What is the make, model, and the amount of wattage output of your psu?

Have you tested the psu with a multimeter?

What is the difference between your old build and the new one? Does the new build require greater power?

This is what I bought about a year ago or so.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-001-_-Product

I think it's the motherboard because the PSU worked 100% in the old system was in, but I get these readings from my new build.

Haven't tested with a multimeter, don't really have spare cash for it.

Link didn't work. Said the page is unavaliable.

A decent digital multimeter costs about $20. At this point I doubt it is your motherboard because not all those voltage readings are linked to the mobo but to power molex, SATA drives, and video card, etc.

Perhaps it could be the 20 pin connection.

Again, what is the difference in hardware between the old and new and how demanding are the newer components?

Link didn't work. Said the page is unavaliable.

A decent digital multimeter costs about $20. At this point I doubt it is your motherboard because not all those voltage readings are linked to the mobo but to power molex, SATA drives, and video card, etc.

Perhaps it could be the 20 pin connection.

Again, what is the difference in hardware between the old and new and how demanding are the newer components?

Here's the specs from the Newegg site. I thought it might be the 20+4 power connection also, but I opened up the case and it appears to be snuggly in the connection slot. The newer is much more demanding than my old. The old was a P4 rig and the new is a Phenom II x2 rig. No OC on either one and 585W should be enough for all my components. The new rig is in the dropdown box by my name.

Model
Brand hec
Model XPOWER585
Series Orion
Spec
Type ATX12V 2.01
Maximum Power 585W
Fans 2
Main Connector 20+4Pin
+12V Rails 2
SATA Power Connector 3
Over Voltage Protection Yes
Input Voltage 100 - 120V/ 200 - 240V
Input Frequency Range 47 - 63 Hz
Input Current 10 /5A
Output +3.3V@36A,+5V@36A,+12V1@19A,+12V2@20A,-12V@1A,+5 VSB@2.0A
Approvals cUL, FCC, CSA
Features
Connectors 1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
4 x Peripheral
3 x SATA
1 x Floppy

I can't say anything about the power supply though 39A on the 12v rails should be enough unless your video card is a beast. What motherboard and video card do you have installed and how much RAM?

Edit Update: Never mind, I accessed your Syetem SWpecs. Didn't notice them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back