Purported images of four-slot, quad-fan Galax RTX 4090 card leak

midian182

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Another third-party RTX 4000-series graphics card appears to have leaked ahead of Nvidia's official Lovelace reveal next week. As with the previous Zotac model, this Galax Serious Gaming/SG card is a four-slot/three-fan monster, though it's possible to add a fourth fan if you feel the need.

Galax North America tweeted a teaser for a new Serious Gaming, or SG, product—the cheapest brand in its line of cards. There isn't much in the tweet besides the logo, but VideoCardz claims to have some renders.

The actual model of the card isn't named, but it's hard to imagine it being anything other than the RTX 4090, given the size and four-slot design. The SG card has three fans on the front, and, as with previous cards carrying the SG name, there's the option to add a fourth fan on the back using the company's 1-Clip technology.

The SG card has a 16-pin (12VHPWR) connector in the middle, which can deliver 600W across 12 rails, four times as much as an 8-pin connector. There's also the usual array of RGB, including some snazzy lighting on the back fan.

The card's packaging doesn't give much away, though one of the hooded top-wearing figures that Galax uses for its RTX 3000 series is now wearing what could be a trademark-infringing Squid Game-style mask.

Last week we saw what is likely to be Zotac's RTX 4090. It also has a four-slot design and a 16-pin PCIe Gen 5.0 (12VPWHR) connector, though its skateboard-like shape is proving divisive.

Nvidia's GeForce Twitter account posted a couple of tweets yesterday to increase the hype around its Project Beyond RTX 4000 reveal on September 20. One of these marks the first time Nvidia has officially confirmed the Lovelace architecture name, while the other hinted at the AD102 GPU having a 629mm squared die size, 75 billion transistors, and more than twice the performance of the GA102 found in the RTX 3090 and RTX 3080.

Permalink to story.

This image is "old" we are waiting for the new 5 slot Nvidia card leak and do not forget the power cord version too.
Oh and Nvidia will leak it's next design of videocard made entirely inside a longer, dedicated power supply case so we will not have to bother anymore which power supply to choose or pin connectors to match with it.

This image is "old" we are waiting for the new 5 slot Nvidia card leak and do not forget the power cord version too.
Oh and Nvidia will leak it's next design of videocard made entirely inside a longer, dedicated power supply case so we will not have to bother anymore which power supply to choose or pin connectors to match with it.
A regular power cord? Let's not limit this to 120V circuits. Hook up a 240V, 50 amp cable to the GPU, 12,000 W of gaming power.

This reminds me of something... Oh yeah, the GTX 480!
maxresdefault.jpg

FOUR slots?? Could FIVE slots be far behind? Maybe all slots for the 5090 in a few months??

Not sure which is more ridiculous, Nvidia's pathetic technology or the gullibles who accept and pay for such craziness.
All 3 and soon 4 MB PCIe slots near videocard slot will be useless.
New MB will rise on the horizon baby.

FOUR slots?? Could FIVE slots be far behind? Maybe all slots for the 5090 in a few months??
It should fit on a lot of motherboards. After all, running two 2-slot cards in Crossfire or SLI was possible for a long time. The only real difference here is that you only need a single PCI-Express x16 slot instead of several.
Not sure which is more ridiculous, Nvidia's pathetic technology or the gullibles who accept and pay for such craziness.
Well, their technology isn't always pathetic but those who blindly buy their cards are definitely gullible. Radeons out-perform GeForces at every price point that Radeons are sold. Since I don't buy halo products, I don't have any desire to get GeForce cards, ever.
Next gen will have Polar mode and Void space mode.
They'll pay Disney for the rights to call those modes "Hoth" and "Mustafar". :laughing:

The fan on the backside will share airflow with CPU if used for intake, if used for outake it will warm the cpu better.
Can't see from that picture the fan blades direction.

I lost some hair trying to answer that qst, still no answer and no hair...

Seeing that EVGA, a 20yr + partner has decided to walk away from NVidia really makes a statement. Right now the 30 series services perfectly fine afaic so I am not anticipating spending the extra to buy what is required just to turn a 40 series based PC's power on.

I'm waiting for the 7 slot design with 6 fans (3 on top and 3 on bottom) and that's when I'll be buying my card!

I have a full tower with a EATX mobo, but 4 slots is excessive. I would have to remove my Intel disk to add the 4090. Thank God my soundcard is external. Not good. 3 slots should be the maximum. Maybe 4090 with liquid cooling will make more sense.

These unpractical products aren't made to be sold, they're made to get as much attention as possible.

So case makers are the new nvidia gold backer huh? Guess we’ll see more “nvidia edition” or “certified for ncidia 4xxx series case” coming ?

Back