Question about cases and video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm gonna be building a computer soon, so I'm just doing some research about the various parts to make sure they will fit together properly. I've come across a bit of an issue with the graphics card and the case....so I've decided to go with the GeForce GTX 295 (which is 10.4 inches), and I picked out a Thermaltake Xaser VI Mx case.

The FAQ page on Thermaltake states that the case will fit a graphics card no longer than 9.6 inches, OR 10.6 inches if the hard drive cage is removed. So I wanted to know what would be involved with removing the hard drive cage....it seems easy enough to do, but where do the hard drives go if you take it out? Will I be able to fit more than one hard drive in the case if I remove it?

Or would I be better off just going with a bigger case altogether? The problem there is that none of the mid tower cases at Thermaltake support a graphics card any bigger than that (they all state the same thing about the hard drive cage), and I would rather not get a full tower, because they seem to be pretty huge and heavy, and I do take my computer to friends' houses sometimes.

So yeah, I would really appreciate some help with this issue. Thanks!

Just go with a larger case, if you're going to spend 500 dollars on a card you shouldnt have to mod a case to fit it into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back