Question about expired virus scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh hey there! Uhm I've had Mcafee for a while now and about a month ago I realized it was expired because every time it told me to update it or something i'd click 'fix' and then nothing would happen and I noticed the date it expired xD heh. Yeah.

I was just curious, is it dangerous to keep on my computer? Im going to uninstall it soon its just Im not sure what program to download next and I dont wanna keep my computer open to attacks.

Thanks! Oh! And sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. xP Its the first time i ever posted in one of these forums... but im sure you picked up on that already :p

I doubt it's dangerous to keep it on your computer but it is dangerous not having antivirus you can update or scan with, of course. :p

ahhthanks ^__^ i was getting scared cause when i googled something I saw something about people talking about expired anti-viruses. xD

If you anti-virus software subscription has expired, it is best to get a new subscription or use an alternative software. It makes no sense to keep the old software as it does absolutely nothing except serving as an annoyance. If you do not wish to get a new subscription you can try free alternatives such as Avira Antivir.

there are lots of free virus scanners out there. Some better than others. If you're a DOD employee you can download government use ones for home use legitimately under the DOD license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back