Question about Intel Pentium 4

Hello,

I'm new here, and I don't know anything about computers. I have an old laptop that is an intel pentium dual cpu T3400. I want to install some software on it that requires Intel Pentium 4 as a minimum. Now as I don't know anything about computers, I don't know if a T3400 IS a Pentium 4 or not, and having googled it for awhile, can't seem to shed any light on it. The rest of the software specs my computer matches, but before I try anything I want to make sure that I truly have an intel pentium 4 or better.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
QF

The T3400 is a Merom architecture processor which is the mobile version of the Conroe architecture (1st gen core 2 duo). While the T3400 is one of the most stripped down non-Celeron processors based on the early core2 architecture it should run circles around a Pentium 4 the last of which were based on the horribly inefficient Netburst architecture. So anything a pent 4 can run the T3400 should be able to run just fine.

^^^ +1

I'll echo what Buckshot420 and dmill89 said. Although I'm not sure if I would promote Windows XP 64-bit.

Back