Question about newegg

JamesPromIII

Not exactly sure if this is the right forum but I ordered a monitor a couple days ago from newegg and it said it was delivered today. Well I called them (Newegg) and UPS and they said they were investagating it, has anyone had their package delivered to the wrong house and gotten a replacement from them. The reason I ask is because I spent $190 on this monitor and don't want to be rip off from it.

I've had things delivered to the wrong address several times - including orders from Newegg shipped via UPS.

The last time it happened was about 8 months ago, and if I recall correctly Newegg filed a claim with UPS. They told me I would be refunded (or I could have another item sent) after that claim process hit a certain stage/completed, which would take roughly 7-10 days. I went the refund route and just reordered it hoping to get my money back later. Sure enough, a week or so down the road my account was credited with the refund.

Other times I've *not* gone through Newegg, and argued with UPS directly but their policy frustrated me, honestly. After running in circles with a representative for about 30 minutes they suggested that instead of having packages delivered to me, I should go to the shipping center (an hour away or further) to pick them up in the future.

I hung up on them and went door to door. Sure enough a few places away from mine, a neighbor had taken it in and never informed me that they had it.

Anyhow, yes, it has happened to me, and Newegg was pretty good about it.

Do you think I should go door to door asking for the package, because I seen the UPS truck drive by my house and a couple minutes later he went the other way. Another thing is they put in the delivered status it was delivered to the rear door which has never happened to me with everything I've ordered it's always been at the front door.

I don't have anything to add other than sympathy and to tell you I've been there.

I had a UPS driver that never read the name on my packages, and insisted on delivering them to a business in the area that had the same number, (but not the same street), as my house.

The girl at the business was pretty cool about it, and called me when he delivered my &1000.00 camera to them. I picked it up from her, then the driver proceeded to give her a bunch of s*** for giving me my own camera.

UPS seems to let a sociopath slip through their driver training program from time to time. I don't think they do it on purpose though.
Do you think I should go door to door asking for the package, because I seen the UPS truck drive by my house and a couple minutes later he went the other way. Another thing is they put in the delivered status it was delivered to the rear door which has never happened to me with everything I've ordered it's always been at the front door.
The first thing you should do in the morning is to get with Newegg customer service by phone. Make certain that your shipping instructions specify that a signature must be obtained for any package delivered to you.

That's your call. I would say if the package was delivered to the wrong place, it is most likely in the general vicinity of your residence. The fact that you saw UPS only adds to that.

If you're going to do it, the sooner the better. Naturally, if someone isn't going to bring it by your place, they'll probably open it to see what it is - at which point, they'll deny having the package if you knock on their door and ask about it.

Is there a reason or place why or where the UPS driver would leave a package at a rear entrance in your neighborhood, rather than at the front, for example a business?

And people wonder why I'm an avowed misanthrope.

Well I already contacted newegg and they said they are filing an investagation, i'm just worried i'm gonna be screwed out of $190.

Is there a reason or place why or where the UPS driver would leave a package at a rear entrance in your neighborhood, rather than at the front, for example a business?

And people wonder why I'm an avowed misanthrope.

No there should be no reason at all, i've always gotten every package at my front door. I think it was some ***** that didn't feel like reading the addresses or a rookie.

Great News......In Three Easy Steps

1. Track your package every couple of hours....

2. Sit on your front steps and wait for the truck....

3. Enjoy your new monitor......

for god sake make up your mind!......

2. Sit on your front steps and wait for the truck....

well this is indeed conflicting advice i must say!:haha::p

Front, Back, The Package Goes to the Conundrum Entrance....

So, he should wait at the front door, and have someone else wait at the back door with a camera.

Well, normally, a house only has one gate overlooked by the front door. So if he sits at the front door he’s bound to see someone entering and moving towards the back door.

Omnipresence problem solved by omnivigilance.

EDIT: Or, if you want to use technology, install surveillance cameras at the 2 doors and watch them from your sitting room.

You can have the cameras delivered by UPS… :rolleyes:

Back