Question about thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkFromMS

I was using a video editing program that was having trouble opening. I am using Vista which "searched for a solution to my problem" and gave me steps follow. I followed the steps (didn't help the problem) and now when I open folders containing pictures, I no longer see the thumbnail of the pic. Intead it shows the default program icon. I was too stupid to write down the steps that I followed so that I could change it back and now I can not find a way to get my thumbnails back. None of the help files in Vista or their website tell anything related to this. Anybody got any suggestions?

Try to right click the icons and select "Open With" and then select "Drifferent Program". Once the list comes up, select windows picture preview/photo gallery and check the box that says "Always use this program". This should get your thumbs back.

I tried that; change the icon, but still no thumbnail. The instructions that I followed change some type of set up. I just can't remember where it was and can not get those instructions to pop up again. Any other ideas?

From here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928572

1. Click Star
VistaStartButton.jpg
, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
2. If you are prompted, click My files only.
3. In the Files to delete list, click to select Thumbnails.

Note Configure other options that you want.
4. Click OK, and then click Delete files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back