Question on faulty products and returns

ingeborgdot

Has anyone purchased from Newegg lately? I purchased two items recently and both were bad. I did not read reviews well enough before (duh) and found out many had the same problems. I rma'd one and said I was going to purchase a different much more expensive product and did. Then I did the same for the other. The bummer thing is they sent me crap and I had to get something different and they did not refund shipping for either item. So, for bad crap it cost me $16 and I got NOTHING. Is there a place out there that is quality anymore and will stand behind the stuff they sell?

Been shopping at NewEgg for years. They take back products without a quarrel.
NewEgg has been in the news lately for selling a bunch of counterfeit processors sold as new...
But NewEgg will make things right. If they do not, online, call them to resolve it.
NewEgg, as with most other good vendors, does not want customers unhappy... they want your future business and referrals.

Is there a place out there that is quality anymore and will stand behind the stuff they sell?

Dear ingeborgdot,

Please accept our apology for the fact that you received a faulty product. Just like most resellers, we do not open and test our product since we cannot sell opened items as new. With this said, we are more than happy to fully assist you with your return.

So I can do this, please call me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or simply e-mail me your info at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com.

Ode to Newegg........

Dear ingeborgdot,

Please accept our apology for the fact that you received a faulty product. Just like most resellers, we do not open and test our product since we cannot sell opened items as new. With this said, we are more than happy to fully assist you with your return.

So I can do this, please call me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or simply e-mail me your info at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com.
Well Josh, I've been buying from Newegg for 3 years now, and I've never received a defective item or had one damaged in transit, not only that, my UPS driver is my hero also.

Although, your Tennessee warehouse could use some packing lessons from the other two.

To make a long story short, last week I ordered 3 items, (yes, even after the big CPU scare), 2 of which were ordered after 12:00 noon, Wednesday the 12th. I received these things Thursday the 13th at about 11:00 >>AM<<. So boys and girls, if you're counting,, that's only 23 hours from wish to fulfillment.

Disclaimer: These results are from the NY, Northern NJ to Philadelphia shipping corridor, so as always, your results may vary.

So, I took these parts (320GB 7200.12 SATA 2 HDD, Windows 7 Pro, and GSkill 4 GB (2 X2GB) 1333Mhz DDR 3 Memory kit)), and put them into a computer I assembled Friday evening.

Much to my shock, utter dismay, and dare I say "disgust", everything worked >> "FLAWLESSLY". You can imagine my disappointment, when I was left with nothing to even murmur a complaint about.

In any event, thanks for stopping by to take an interest in any concerns others here might have, and I look forward to continuing using Newegg as my sole Etail computer parts supplier in the future.

Problem taken care of. I hated to complain but nobody listened until now. I could not get a hold of you Joshua but I did get a hold of a nice lady and she took care of it. I guess that is why I have shopped at Newegg for 6 years and counting. Thanks Newegg.

I went and figured out my entire account for those 6 years and it totaled near 30grand. Out of all that I have probably rma'd 6 or 7 items in all. I think they have a great record but I still think they can take care or me.;)

Newegg Accept PO's

Dear ingeborgdot,

Is Newegg going to start accepting po's? Last time I checked this still hadn't been done and I would love to be able to order from Newegg for the community college I work at. So what do you say Newegg?

I went and figured out my entire account for those 6 years and it totaled near 30grand. Out of all that I have probably rma'd 6 or 7 items in all. I think they have a great record but I still think they can take care or me.;)
At even the first hint of trouble I hit the telephone. This has resulted in an almost instantaneous resolution of any minor issue I have had. That said, I have only used the number a very few times. My point being, at one point I considered RMA-ing an item for a defect, and there was never any discussion of me paying shipping charges. A prepaid UPS label was provided, and that was, as they say, that.

This was a discreet provable issue though, (missing case foot). I do see where an item such as "incompatible memory", might involve a twitch more conversation, prior to a return.

We have had order errors, and three bad products in the past 14 months. They fixed the order errors, but I will never buy flash drives from them again... as they didn't even respond to my complaint on their no-name cheap stuff... because I didn't find the invoice in the box.
We consider NewEgg the third best vendor we use... but there are much, much worse... when push comes to shove on defective products

Newegg is the best...second is possibly a tie with mwave, tigerdirect, zipzoom, and maybe some others. Maybe you just got unlucky or chose crappy products, newegg is great.

Wow how cool was it to have NewEgg support answer directly like that?
As a long time lurker of the Eggxpert forums I was about to post a link so you could get help directly from them but here they are already!!
Good show!!

Back