Questions about a Powercolor HD2400 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
bet it will, if u noticed it does not even have a plug for an extra power connection so I am going to say that u're power supply will be fine as long as it powers the rest of the computer.

We need to know how many amps are on the 12+v rail, which is located on the side of the PSU, so look for us.

Also, if the rest of my computer meets recommended requirements for games like TF2, CoD4, CSS, and others, should this card be more than necessary to run those games?

-2.8 Ghz processor (Intel Pentium 4 521)
-Core speed is about 2793 Mhz
-Manufacturer is Dell, Model: 0JC474
-Memory: DDR2, 1024 Mbytes, Dual Channels
-1024 MB RAM
-160g hard drive
-Integrated graphics card (don't know the exact stats. It sucks)
-230W power supply

Well you shouldn't have any problems running the card, also read this about the 2400 series:

Radeon HD 2400

Low-end products with 40 stream processors with AVIVO HD and UVD, not implemented with a ring bus memory interface, and a 64-bit memory bus width,[22] spanning a die size of 85 mm².[26] The official PCB design implements only a passive cooling heatsink instead of a fan, and official claims of power consumption are as little as 35 W.[citation needed] The RV610 core used in Radeon HD 2400 series has 16 KB unified vertex/texture cache away from dedicated vertex cache and L1/L2 texture cache used in HD 2600 and HD 2900 products.

Reports has that the first batch of the RV610 core (silicon revision A12), only being released to system builders, has a bug that hindered the UVD from working properly, but other parts of the die operated normally. Those products were officially supported with the release of Catalyst 7.10 driver, which the cards were named as Radeon HD 2350 series. [27]

Notice where it says, " and official claims of power consumption are as little as 35 W " ...........

:)

Thanks. Hopefully I'll finally be able to play more recent games on this thing. I've basically decided on that card, now all I need to do is scrounge around for some cash. : )

why don't you rather look at the ati HD3450.The 2400 isn't a great card, i was looking at the 2600xt but after doing some research i went for the 1950gt and if that wasn't available i was going to get the 3650.I would say see if you can find a 3450 for a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back