Questions about + and - Wires extending from Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill

I purchased THIS CASE and THIS MOBO not too long ago, and while I was connecting the wires, I found two particularly odd ones. They were labeled + and -, and are from the front panel. They are 1 pin wires, and it doesn't show what to do with them in the mobo manual, or the case manual either. I was wondering, does anyone have any idea what to do with these?

Found at your Motherboard support page
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000394

9lim1e.gif

Well yes, I saw that even in my manual, but this is a bit strange. It doesn't really show anything about the + and - wires, on that picture of the FP1 thing, it only shows that the HDD led and PWR led should be marked with + and - for where to face, but I don't have the PWR led wire from the case. Is it possible that the + and - wires are the PWR led wires, and how am I supposed to know which part of the HDD led wire is the + part?

Yes, it's possible it's the PWR LED wires. By process of elimination what front panel connectors do you know for sure you have already? BTW, some cases don't have connections for all possible pinouts on a given motherboard.

The HDD LED terminal connector from the front panel should be marked with a + and/or a -. If not, you can try it one way or the other. One way it will work and the other, it won't. You have a 50/50 shot.

NC = no connection.

Yes, it's possible it's the PWR LED wires. By process of elimination what front panel connectors do you know for sure you have already? BTW, some cases don't have connections for all possible pinouts on a given motherboard.

The HDD LED terminal connector from the front panel should be marked with a + and/or a -. If not, you can try it one way or the other. One way it will work and the other, it won't. You have a 50/50 shot.

NC = no connection.

So far I connected Pwr Switch, Reset Switch, and HDD led the way it said in the manual, and in the picture. Perhaps the + and - should be connected, could it cause any damage to it?

It seems the power LED is the only thing left. If you connect it backwards, it shouldn't damage anything. Just reverse it if it doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I once accidentally reverse installed a HDD LED connector so it didn't work but I didn't bother to fix it until two years later. Once I put it on correctly it worked fine.

Huh, I just set up an old AGP computer yesterday, and noticed the HDD led is not working (higly likely the + and - led wires around the wrong way-- actually I'm sure this is it) Anyway, I just left it like that, lol :) I'll think about fixing it then (probably won't though!)

Huh, I just set up an old AGP computer yesterday, and noticed the HDD led is not working (higly likely the + and - led wires around the wrong way-- actually I'm sure this is it) Anyway, I just left it like that, lol :) I'll think about fixing it then (probably won't though!)

Well then fix it and let's see what happens. This could solve my biggest problem with building a pc so far. Just ground yourself first lol, you don't want to damage the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back