Quicktime movies and Flash SWF's reporting "error on page" in IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

I don't know why, or what, is causing this, but everytime I try to open a mov, mp4, or swf file off the internet (a direct link to that file), it will load completely, then say "Error on page" in the status bar where a Javascript would normally give an error. I would really like to not have to download the movies I want to watch on the internet (mainly animations rendered out to mov form from C4D off a forum I frequent.) Is there some setting I can change to let the movie just play in the browser?

Reset IE

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

RIES restores the default settings of the following features:
• Home pages
• Search scopes
• Browsing history
• Form data
• Passwords
• Appearance settings
• Toolbars
• ActiveX controls

I've had it for months, and I've had this problem for months. I have Vista Ultimate x64, it comes with IE7, I just installed the flash video player that does it automatically on adobe.com and installed quicktime like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back