Radeon HD 5870 Crossfired low fps on Dead Space 2?

My specs. Amd 955 x4, Ati 5870 x2 crossfired, 6 gig ddr3, win 7 64. I am trying to play Dead Space 2 but i am getting low fps, 10-25?? I have installed the latest catalyst drivers but still have no luck. Help!

Probably a Crossfire driver issue I would guess. Have you tried playing the game using one card?
You may need to wait until AMD release a newer version of the CrossfireX application profile for some better compatibility. The present CAP was a 24 Jan release which would indicate that the driver itself is around a month old.

Single card performance shouldn't give you the same grief. It looks less than graphically demanding judging by this review benchmark out today.

Don't feel to bad Ryan. I purchased DS2 two days ago and get only 75FPS (1920 x 1080) with 4x5850's OC'ed to above 5870 specs, or more accurately 5870 output. We need a CF update for it.

I presume you are using CCC.
You will probably need to disable AA and AF (Check the "Use application settings" box) in Catalyst if you haven't already, and use the in-game settings for your AA/AF. This may explain the situation a little better if you have MSAA or EDAA checked in Catalyst.
Some games also prefer that you disable Vsync in Catalyst also.

Let us know how you get on.

Back