Radeon HD 6950 issues

Bazz

So I got a new ASUS HD 6950 2GB and I'm having a peculiar issue. When I try to run any 3d application like world of warcraft for I get these weird lines I can only describe as refresh lines that consistantly move up the screen like on an old crt. Also sometimes the fps dosn't drop but it "stutters".

Also when I drag a window across another window it leaves a "trail" if you get what I mean.

When I open wow for the first time the screen goes completely white and and it flashes before opening.

I've found turning on vsync and turning the graphics to lowest almost gets rid of the issue but not entirely.

I have uninstalled all old drivers used driver sweeper and installed the latest drivers and ccc from the amd website.

I did a mobo bios upgrade to the latest version.

I have tried disabling and enableing every single setting in ccc one by one.

This happens in WoW LoL Skyrim Dirt3 and dungeon defenders.

The card is only running at 40c-50c in game. The CPU at around 50c-60c.

I never had this problem with my 5770.

Specs:
OCZ ModXStream Pro Power supply - 600 Watt
M3A78 PRO mobo with latest bios
AMD Phenom X4 9950 black edition
Ram 6gb DDR2
Windows 7 64-bit

What is the make and model of your monitor? Sounds like you are running at the wrong refresh rate...

My monitor is a HG221A and I think it's max refresh rate supported is 60hz. I set all my games to 60hz and then enable vsync and sure enough the frames locks at 60fps.

For now I have put my 5770 back in and everything is working as it should, except these new drivers seem to have messed a few things up.

To be honest I think I'm just gonna take it back and get a nvdia it seems everytime i get a new ati card there is always so many problems i remember having issues with my 5770 when i first got it.

Yeah Bazz there are many, many more issues with ATI cards on Windows 7 64-bit than any other cards

Back