Ram stability issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimbles

THE RAM STABILITY ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED..

Update:

Well.. Just spoke to crucial. They now seem to think my motherboard does not support this memory.......Even though they reccomended it in the first place.. im stuck running it at 800 mhz .

Sheesh... They did offer to exchange it though.. so its good news!

My next question is, is it worth exchanging it for a different brand of 800 mhz ram or shall i just continue to run this ram at 800 mhz instead?
It cost 125 pounds so thats my budget. i need 8 gigs.

thanks for all the help

Original post:

I have installed 8gb of crucial 1066 mhz ram in my pc. Heres a link to it.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8D6B815DA5CA7304

In my bios there are these options for memory timing.

200mhz (DDRII 400)
266mhz (DDRII 533)
333mhz (DDRII 667)
400mhz (DDRII 800)
533 mhz(DDRII1066)
Auto

I currently have it set to auto but it sets itself to these timings.

266mhz (DDRII 533)

Im presuming i shoud have it set to the "533 mhz (DDRII1066)" option insted? but i have severe stability issues when i do this. The ram is set in dual channel mode and unganged.

Do i have this set wrong?? im really not too sure what im doing here :)

Thanks for the reply supersmashbrada.

I did as you suggested and changed the dram voltage to 1.8 volts as it was set to auto.

This made my computer really mad!! After freezing up on me i had to hard reset it. it booted up gave me a warning that my 3rd master hard disk had gone bad and needed repacing and press f1 to continue! ( i only have 1 hard disk and its working fine, and the 3rd boot device is disabled in bios??! So i have reset everything back to default and its running fine again. no error messages.

Im confused now..

Thanks for the suggestions.

Since my last post i have updated my bios to the latest vesion. Unfortunatly it hasnt seemed to help. With my memory speed set to 533mhz (DDRII 1066), my DRAM voltage set to 1.8 volts as specified, and memory flexibility turned on (or off), im still getting lock ups and blue screens.

The motherboard is about a month old so i guess the battery may be ok, yet it could have been sat in a warehouse for a couple of years.

The BSOD mentioned a bad-pool-caller error and i have lots of minidumps! :)

I have no issues whatsoever if i leave everything on auto. Any other suggestions?

if you have other ram also installed it will automatically set itself to the slowest ran. read my guide in the guides forum.

I have 4 x 2gb sticks of identical crucial DDRII1066 mhz memory. i bought them so they would run in dual channell mode. My motherboard supports this ram, My processor has support for this ram. Im really at a loss to what the problem is. The only thing i can think of is my gpu actually uses ddr3, would this cause problems?

Ive sent an email to asrock. hopefully they can shed a little more light on this..

I did read youre exellent guide by the way. Top notch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back