RAM test?

vale46

Hi, can anyone tell me how i can test my ram please ?
I have 12gig of DDR 3 and memtest cant allocate it for some reason, the OS see's all the ram as does the bios, so how can i test its integrity ?

Thanks.

Mmmm pc wont boot from CD. i tried copying full .iso file and just the contents with no luck.

Maybe the disks are baba or the CD drive ? i will test my OS disk i just burnt

Are you burning as an image with your burning program? Dragging/dropping the .iso onto a disk won't work.

Memtest86+ is good. Also if you have Windows Vista/7 install disk that has an option to test your memory on boot.

mmmm i am using magic ISO freeware, i can make the iso no problem but when i go to burn the program says there is no disk in the drive yet i can format the disk and copy anything too it within my computer so i dont understand why magic iso cant see my disk ? the freeware says it can burn it so i am stuck ?

I dont know of another free iso burner ? any ideas ?

Thanks for the info mate

"The BIOS see the RAM, and the OS sees the RAM", so there must be a problem, have I interpreted this thread correctly?

If the RAM was bad, the computer wouldn't POST.

As to your freeware ISO burner question, you can try "ImgBurn", it's available in our download section.

Thanks for editing the rude comments from post #7

Ok i tried it and it worked, result on boot up was all clear with no problems. So i know my ram is good. I didnt realise there is a difference between dragging and dropping and burning to, so to speak, simple i guess but when your learning it sometimes isnt obvious. Thanks SNG, i appreciate your input.

Regards.

Back