Random bsod after reinstalling xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I reinstalled xp pro with format after a trial of Win 7 did not live up to expectations (despite running the compatibility program some hardware - netgear sc101 & software was not compatible). No hardware changes have been made to the system (except an extra 500Gb sata drive) which has run perfectly for the last 12 months. I am getting bsod at random times but have noticed they normally occur a few minutes after comming out of standby (S3). On the last two I noticed that on reboot my usb bluetooth device was reinstalled. (I changed the dongle and drivers after the bsod on 14-12-09 but is still went through the routine on 17-12-09) I have attached dmp files as I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks Martyn

I read 5 of your most recent dump files and four of them are 0x00000080: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
This general indication of a hardware failure is often quite difficult to pin down. Follow usual hardware troubleshooting protocols, in particular: Roll-back any recent hardware or driver changes; ensure that RAM sticks are matched and undamaged; check for viruses or hard drive damage; run ChkDsk to identify file system problems; ensure that all connections are sound inside the computer and all cards well-seated.

The good news is your dumps are definitive in that they all cite a probable cause and they all point to the driver Rtenicxp.sys which is a Realtek 10/100/1000 NIC Family all in one NDIS Driver.

Try updating your NIC drivers first but there is a possibility that your NIC card is bad, but at this point this is only a guess.

Thanks, ran chkdsk and reported a clean drive after over 90 minutes (320gb sata). Checked all connections and found the main 24pin power connector not seated fully. Hope this solves the probs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back