Random BSOD on Vista/Lenovo X301

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Have a pretty new Lenovo X301, running Vista, SP1, and I keep getting BSOD's. Have checked (carefully) that my RAM is properly seated, run memtest, everest (though not sure what really to do with it), have cleaned page file and defragged etc, but don't know what to do...

They happen at random moments when I am on the computer, and when it is sitting by itself across the room (well ventilated, kept cool)...

A typical error message is below, and mini-dumps are attached. Many many thanks for any help that is possible.

Annalena

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007f
BCP1: 00000008
BCP2: 80154000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Three errors are 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

In all three the tvtumon.sys was cited as the culprit and if you do a search there is tons on this driver causing issues in Lenovo laptops. See this link and read it through for one work-around: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=58168

The other error was 0x7E andit cited the Intel ethernet adaptor driver ely6032.sys as the problem. From what I have read if you are going to update this driver you need to manually do so.

* If this is still under warrenty I would contact Lenovo immediately and tell them of your issue with both drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back