Random BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

usr1000

Hello.
I'm a first-time poster here.

I have an AMD Athlon XP2000+ 1,67GHz, 256 DDRAM (supposed to be dual-channel?), on-board SB-compatible soundcard using C-Media AC97 drivers, an NVidia MX440 Geforece4 64MB card, running WinXP SP2.

Some time ago started getting BSODs, random freezes etc. I had problems like these a few times already. Suspecting it was a faulty RAM, I exchanged it for a new one, but after a few months the problems are back.

Including random freezes/resets which occur almost anytime, I'm getting mostly 0x8e and 0xd1 errors, pointing out to portcls.sys.

So I was wondering if anyone has a similar problem or if someone could help me.

I'll attach the most recent DMP files chronologically.
If you need any more info/things I should do please write them.

Thank you in advance

Hmm now it stopped booting normally (always freezes even during booting), I had to boot up in safe-mode w/network :(

I checked a few events from the Event Viewer:

26.5.2007 18:06:10: Error: 1000008e, parametr1 c0000005, parametr2 00000000, parametr3 f4388838, parametr4 00000000.
26.5.2007 12.46.59: Error: 100000d1, parametr1 0c458bec, parametr2 00000002, parametr3 00000001, parametr4 f93ae6ff.

Anyone can help me?

You've got signs of a hardware problem. The first thing to do is open up the case and see what the dust situation is like, and make sure all the fans are working. Something maybe overheating.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check the dust amount tommorow. (I managed to boot-up normally after a few attemps)

I ran and debugged the dumps with WinDbg, most errors point out to portcls.sys and other apps (they were running when the BSOD occured)...IIRC portcls.sys is a sound driver?

OK I checked the dust uderneath, there was very few dust, I vacuumed the rest away carefully...

Today it was a typical boot up:
first, froze when loading desktop
then, froze while loading windows (windows splash screen)
I tried safe-mode, froze first after loading the desktop in safe-mode, then while booting into safe-mode
then, froze when loading BIOS Data (first 3-6seconds after pressing power-on)
then, normal running...no BSODs over a few hours, nothing....either safe-mode or normal PC....it's driving me nuts!
I vaccumed the fans after a few hours of smooth running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back