Random BSOD's constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Block215

I just installed XP SP2 back on my comp b/c vista was crashing constantly..Now im getting random BSOD's on my comp..

heres my last 3 minidumps, if u need anymore info to help plz let me know thanks!!!!

can it be bad ram or a hdd that needs to be defragged??

Do the following diagnostic steps:

1. Run memtest on your RAM. Let it run for a minimum of 7 Passes. See this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

2. Find the manufacturer of your harddrive and go to their website. Then download their free HD diagnostic utility.

* Do memtest first. Get back to us with the results.

thanks for the help, I did both tests with no errors..memtest did 9 passes with 0 errors and I tested my internal maxtor to 0 errors and my exernal wd to 0 errors..what now??

Attach your five latest minidumps.

Also, give us your system specs including hardware, OS, security software, and if you are using anything like Daemon Tools, etc.

Win XP Sp 2
Intel dual core 3 ghz
1gb ram
nvidia graphic card e8400 @ 3 ghz

for security just using windows firewall for now

and I dont currently have daemon tools installed or anything like that

Are you only using XP firewall for security? Do you have an antivirus and antispyware programs? Do you have a router?

XP firewall is very poor. In the mean time I'll read your dumps.

Have you accessed the internet in any way since your fresh install? Also, next to one's internet habits a router is your very first best defense. They are absolutely critical to protecting your PC.

I read your minidumps and the most definitive cited cause was corrupted memory. You need to run Memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 Passes.

Check out this link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Yea, seems like your right, I had a few memory errors this time when I ran memtest for 15+ hours.. thanks so much, I just ordered new memory.

Yea, seems like your right, I had a few memory errors this time when I ran memtest for 15+ hours.. thanks so much, I just ordered new memory.

Good to hear that you had the patience to run it that long. And thanks for getting back to us. What memory did you settle on.

Also, don't forget a router for the near future and ONline Armor has a brand new free release firewall. ;)

I ordered to 1GB kingston ddr2 800 mhz...and this time yes, it was listed in the motherboard manual not like that last POS..now I gotta wait for amazon :D

I ordered to 1GB kingston ddr2 800 mhz...and this time yes, it was listed in the motherboard manual not like that last POS..now I gotta wait for amazon :D

Kingston makes great memory. You may want to consider another gig of the same type under XP to bring it to 2 full gigs.

In the future you should check out NewEgg.com for any PC needs.

yea I meant I ordered two 1gb..and yea I usually check newegg but once I seen the memory errors I went to work and ordered the memory from my phone lol I wanted to order it asap..does newegg even have mobile ordering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back