Random failure that caused a temp login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEENone

Well my computer never had a problem. I always kept it up and clean. Well long story short, I needed a number to call and the number was on a biz card on top of my monitor. I called my mom to get the number for me and I come home turn on my monitor and I have a one sentence message telling me that I have a failure of some sort. I leave my computer on and just turn the monitor off, i know bad thing to do. Graphic designer hope you understand.

So I couldn't do anything, but shut down my comp manually. I rebooted it and a system recovery began to run asking questions like would you like to go back to a previous time and do you want to run this, its gunna take an hour or more to do and so on. I ran it to be on the safe side. Everything loads up, I go to log in and my desktop is the default of vista and only few icons. Now nothing was lost, a pop up in the tool bar below said that it was unable to load my user and I was assigned a temp and to contact the admin. also it said that once logged off of the user anything I've done will not be saved, I tried logging out and back in, same thing occurs. Luckily nothing was lost, but I made a new user and was just going to transfer my old stuff to the new one. I had FF setup with the new profile with my bookmarks toolbar to the forums I visit alot and never logged out, got back on after school and everything was reset...?

I want to be able to get back to my original profile so I don't have to do transfer everything. and plus I want to know what happened.

Yea short story huh? sorry...anyone know of this problem? First time I ever seen this...

thanks guys!

...and I have a one sentence message telling me that I have a failure of some sort.
It might tell us a lot if you could share what that message said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back