Random FPS lag spikes

for the last month or so i've been experienceing Huge Fps lag when playing wow or deus ex 2, fallout tactics etc. i've had this computor for about a year and a half and have never had any fps issue with any games i've played on it, i can play comfortable for anywhere between 5 minites - and hour with 40-50 fps then have a sudden drop to 1-3 fps with no reason that i can notcice i have updated my drivers, and yesterday i restored my pc back to factory in a last ditch hope to solve it myself, and after re-installing wow i was able to play for 30 seconds before i hit lag..
as i said before i've had the pc for a year and a half and never had any fps issues, here are my specifications:

Scer Aspire X1301
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit Os
AMD Athlon II X2 215 processor 2.70 GHz
3GB RAM
i've got a nvidia graphics card thingy but i'm not sure which one, or how to find out which one ( sorry)
Any help would be appreciated as i'm apt to throw my computor at the orphans..
Thank, Chris.

Just a quick note:

Run "DxDiag", "accept WHQL-signatures", go to the third tab up on the left - called "Monitor" or "Screen" or "Graphics" or something like that.

At this tab, you can see what GPU you have.

If you restored the PC to factory settings, but still experience lag, then this is at least not software-related.

- Have you re-installed the graphics drivers?

--------------------

The Acer Aspire X1301 I looked up on Google was a stationary PC, so I'm expecting that your PC is a stationary model.

You should check the CPU temperature in your BIOS, and if it doesn't void any kind of warranty, you should also check (only see, don't touch) the inside of your PC.
- Is it "very" dusty? Like a 1mm film of dust everywhere or equivalent?

40-50 fps

What i know is th fps connected with your latency in wow, if you have high latency you will have low fps.

If im not wrong this thing here could help you( latencyoptimizer.com) as it helped me when i got constantly 800ms lag and very low fps

good luck and prolly im to late with the post anyway :)

Back