Random Lags in Games

I have an Acer Aspire E15 E5-571G-522K Laptop with this Hardware : Intel Core I 5-4210U (1,7-2,4 GHz)
4GB Ram
Windows 10 64 Bit
Nvidia Geforce Gt 840m (2 GB)
500 Gb SSHD
I should also tell that it is shared memory of Ram ( Nvidia Graphics use 2 Gb and Intel Graphics 1 Gb of my 4 Gb Ram and they work together)
To my real Question: ( example Game is Rocket League)
Sometimes when I start the game it runs perfectly with 40-60 Fps even at the highest Settings ever. But at most of the Starts the game Lags extremely also on the lowest Settings.
I ordered another 4 Gb Ram to upgrade to 8 Gb so does anybody know how to fix this Problem?

Suspect heat...suspect dust blanket...when RAM comes in be prepared to do a thorough cleaning, possibly replace thermal paste... watch several YouTube vids on clean\upgrading your specific model... take your time.. I stick my screws into notepaper with written notes as to where... I also get lost in dungeons.

Any othr things I can do despite cleaning? Because I think it is strange that it is randomly when I start the game.
Suspect heat...suspect dust blanket...when RAM comes in be prepared to do a thorough cleaning, possibly replace thermal paste... watch several YouTube vids on clean\upgrading your specific model... take your time.. I stick my screws into notepaper with written notes as to where... I also get lost in dungeons.
oth

Careful note taking...confirm drivers and programs are up to date...run anti-malware...defrag HDD...TRIM SSD...(should be a manufacturers' utility available at Acer)... all of these can help which is why it is all considered to be normal maintenance...except the manufacturers do not tell you that.

I found something really interesting and I need help to fix this : When I have my Laptop connected to the Charger Rocket League and any other game is smooth around 30 FPS but when I disconnect it then there is the old problem and it goes down to 10 FPS. I really need help to fix this strange Problem because I want to play without the Charger too :p

I found something really interesting and I need help to fix this : When I have my Laptop connected to the Charger Rocket League and any other game is smooth around 30 FPS but when I disconnect it then there is the old problem and it goes down to 10 FPS. I really need help to fix this strange Problem because I want to play without the Charger too :p

That's perfectly normal laptop behaviour. It's very common for performance to be limited while operating from the battery in order to avoid excess power draw.

Yours does sound like a rather extreme example though, it may be that your windows power profile is also set to a very conservative setting while on battery.

Back