Random reboots, MSVCR100.dll problems

Leroyj

Basically ive been encountering random re-boot problems for quite a while now.
Ive tried everything I can think of but no success. Ive passed my PC onto more knowledgeable persons who have told me they have performed various tests on my PC (including Hardware & Stress tests etc) and have found no problems.
I lost patience and reluctantly formatted my pc and installed a fresh copy of w7 on it.
Unfortunately the same thing started happening again and now I am unsure of what else I can do without coming to the conclusion that mybe my PC might be ready for the scrapheap?

Now I also have pop ups (3 times one after another when pressing ok to be exact) saying c/windows/system32/MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again etc when I open certain programs (AVG Internet security 2013 & CX2D 5).

I have followed the steps in the following thread but no difference :- http://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-comba...r100-dll-msvcr100d-dll-d3dx9_-dll-errors.html

Yes I realise the above thread is referring to a error connected to a PC game but I just thought id try it anyways.

Then I noticed the the following thread on your site that I thought may help:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

I performed the various steps and have attached the logs.

If you require anymore information please ask.

All help and advice will be much appreciated...cheers

Attachments

• attach.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
  • dds.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2013-02-04 (11-26-58).txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
Are you having trouble installing all the Windows 7 updates including all the optional updates? What antivirus program are you running now? Why is the Vuze Remote toolbar used?

Went on windows update site and installed 4 updates (1 important and 3 optional), I had to do this manually though.
1 of the updates was for Microsoft Security Essentials which when finished prompted me to install and update it which I have but yet to perform a scan. Together with this I am running windows firewall and anti-malware from the link above. I tried installing AVG Internet Security 2013 but as mentioned above I encountered installation problems (Now I also have pop ups (3 times one after another when pressing ok to be exact) saying c/windows/system32/MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again etc when I open certain programs (AVG Internet security 2013 & CX2D 5).
As far as the Vuze toolbar is concerned it installs along with the program itself and usually I disable it. Now I cant find out how to?

Update: Just tried installing AVG Internet Security 2013 and it worked. Might be pure luck or mite be a result of earlier fixes/links I have tried? So basically im running this now which covers Anti-virus, firewall etc. Upon re-boot shall I disable windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials?

Going to re-boot now so updates can install properly.

Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus antimalware program, so remove AVG completely. Removing AVG might stabilize this computer...

Ideally I would like to keep AVG and remove the others as AVG offers everything in 1 program instead of several different ones (or does it?)

By the way I am not receiving the c/windows/system32/MSVCR100.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again etc pop ups anymore. No more random re-boots as yet either

AVG and other 3rd party antivirus programs can interfere with Windows Defender and Windows Firewall enough to cause blue screens on their own with some computers. So if the blue screens continue, consider my advice

I have never mentioned any blue screens just random re-boots.

Switched on pc this morning and as usual it goes straight to "Start up Repair", that doesnt seem to repair anything but gives a restore option midway through which I did not use at first. Then when the pc re-boots again it either goes straight back into start up repair again or gives me the option to launch it or start windows normally. If I choose to start windows normally a number of things usually happen, it either constantly re-boots, windows actually launches but sooner or later will random re-boot again or it shuts down and I get 2 beeps and sometimes 9 beeps........very confusing!!

Also during one of the start up repairs I mentioned there was a restore option, I have now took that option and it re-booted after a repair attempt of some kind. On re-boot I noticed that AVG has disappeared.
Also had pop up saying failure to install updates.

Appreciate your help

Random re-boots are an indication of instability just like BSOD's. It is possible to have blue screens that the re-booting hides. Sounds like your hard drive is failing

Thats one of the things that me and a friend thought it would be and thats why he carried out certain tests (hardware and other tests as mentioned in first post above) which he said would determine if the hard drive may have been the cause but he said that was not the case.
I have also looked into over-heating as a possible cause but as im talking to you my pc has now been on most of the day to which I have carried out 3 successful conversions and burns which usually put certain stresses etc on the pc and sometimes may have caused it to re-boot.

I just dont know what to do

Turn off automatic restarting by going into control panel, system, advanced system settings, startup and recovery, settings. This might expose any "hidden" BSOD's

Back