Random restart while trying to play any game

okay so my computer will crash and automatically restart or it will hang and you get a crazy noise form the speakers. when i try to play a game and sometimes it will happen when im on Firefox

it's not over heating that i know for sure
i replaced the graphics card witha brand new one (nvidea evg 465)

ive also tested my ram and its fine too

ive cleaned my registry the drivers for my g card are directly form the cd. i updated my audio drivers so im running out of ideas.
this Thursday ill switch out the power supply to see if that's the problem even tho its near brand new.

ive done scans on my hard drive to see if maybe it was dying it got no errors

but heres a weird thing under even viewer i get these same error will anyone share some light on them cause maybe it is the cause?

The DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The Windows Service Pack Installer update service service depends on the Security Accounts Manager service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

The Helper Security service terminated with the following error:
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

if its not the psu than im just going to assume its the mobo and buy a new one but i wanna rule everything out first

Difficult to guide you as you have not said what OS you are running.

Have you disabled any system services?

What tests did you run on the memory and hard drive?

Try running chkdsk /r from the command prompt and reboot to run it, see what results it shows.

sorry about that lol

running windows xp service pack 2

ive run multiple disk checkers and there are no error the services i have shut off have nothing to do with the graphics card ( i know what the services are which is why i shut them off ) even tho it would cause this ive had the same services shut off for months and never had any error.

nothing wrong with the memory ive run memtest no errors

check disk has no errors or anything with it

its quite puzzling

ive clean the registry and de fragged the c partion

weird thing tho when i try to de frag the e partion which c and e are on the same hard drive my computer will crash
i can post the hijack this five or mem dumps if u want

The best way to test your memory is to run the PC with just one memory stick and swap them around to test each stick on its own. Memtest is good but it does not test the memory in the same way that the OS uses it ao it is inclined to miss minor errors.

The best hard drive test to run is produced by the hard drive manufacturer and runs in dos from a bootable CD.

Your symptoms indicate a minor glitch, this could be memory, hardrive, a faulty driver or even a medium level virus. Running the tests I mentioned above would be wise to be quite sure there are no memory or hard drive errors.

You have used a registry cleaner which can often make this kind of problem worse as it could have deleted parts of the registry making it very difficult to detect a virus.

Follow this guide to run the tests on your hard drive and do what I suggested above to test the memory. Please send in your minidumps so that I can have a look at them, the last five will do. This could just be a driver issue but the crash at start of a disc defrag is something I will have to look into. Please do not use any other third party system checkers/cleaners of any kind while I help you to find the problem.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html

Toshiba: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=ServicesSupport/FujitsuDrivesUSandCanada/SoftwareUtilities

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

OKAY soo far ive been moving the ram around both sticks to different slots is till haventdone each slot yet and each combination but its crashing less which makes me think its the mother board cause the ram still checks out

but there is another thing i dont get any minidump files
ive checked all the setting and everything is there for me to get one but i dont

also let me tell u when my comp crashes there is no blue screen or anything like that

for all i know my pretty new psu is causing this but im going to continue to change where the ram is and run a memtest on each of the sticks

thanks for ur help so far

I can assure you that the best way to test your RAM is by using the PC with one stick at a time. Memtest is good for major faults but it can miss minor faults.

Dump files are only produced when there is a complete system shutdown which always produces the Blue screen. What you are experiencing is a crash that stops the computer responding. A record of this type of failure will be found in Event Viewer, take a look in there and post back what it reports.

well memtest checks out like usual perfectly fine on both sticks and the computer runs better with one stick in

and the only errors i get in the event viewer are the only i origianly showed in my first post

those are the only system errors

i get one application warning which is
Detection of product '{98613C99-1399-416C-A07C-1EE1C585D872}', feature 'Complete' failed during request for component '{A73CB978-9DEF-4EF1-825F-25A325301C7F}'

ill re post the errors i get in the event system
(btw i get these error all the time in the same 3 set idk why either)

first error

The DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta service failed to start due to the following error:

second error

The Windows Service Pack Installer update service service depends on the Security Accounts Manager service which failed to start because of the following error:

third

The Helper Security service terminated with the following error:
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

well memtest checks out like usual perfectly fine on both sticks and the computer runs better with one stick in

As I said, Memtest is good, but it cannot be seen as conclusive. If the PC runs better with just one stick then clearly the other stick is faulty or the socket on the mobo. Have you made a comparison in performance between different sticks in the same slot in order to determine if it is the stick or the slot that causes errors.

I appreciate you have run for some time with certain services switched off and have not had any problems, but I would suggest you trurn them back on and see if the crashes continue and then see what Event Viewer reports as the problem.

I would also recommend that once you have switched the services back on that you upgrade to SP3. SP2 is no longer supported by microsoft so your PC is not only out of date with certain fixes it is also wide open to security attacks on the internet.

lol let me say that downloading certain things from Microsoft wont happen on my computer :3
and i've checked my ram before in two other computers and i've checked every socket on my mobo

im pretty sure its just the mother board dying on me or something happened to the sockets for my ram which really isnt that big of a problem im already planing to buy a new mobo

so i think im going to close this than

thanks for ur help :3 from the very begging i really figured it was my mother board i just was hoping it wasnt lol

Back