Random shut downs

Status
Not open for further replies.

8eios

Hello everyone! I got a small problem and any help would be highly appreciated. The problem is that my pc does random shut downs. Actually i get a blank black screens (not a BSOD). My psu however keeps working. After reboot i get a message "your computer has recovered from a serious error"). Hereby i attach the minidump files. Thanx very much in advance!!!

All your minidumps crash at your graphics drivers nv4_disp.dll and have a bugcheck of EA.
0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

As you can see from the above, this is probably a driver problem or possibly a hardware problem with the graphics card itself.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers, making sure you have the latest release available for your particular card.

Thanx very much. Actually today i first played red alert 3 (an EA game). I hope they have fixed this bug in the new drivers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back