Random shut off's and flashing bar at the bottom of the screen

Ok so my vaio has been gret to me till recently. My computer will randomly shut off and has a little bar that flashes at the bottom of the screen, this flash is about 1/8 of the height of the task bar. The computer can be fine for days and then will randomly shut down and then sometimes even do it a number of times even when I try to turn it back on.

The following is from my event viewer administrative events upon the most recent start-up:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{67E03279-F703-408F-B4BF-46B5FC8D70CD}\WksWP.exe". Dependent Assembly msadctls,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.1801.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 service to connect.

The regi service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\DRIVERS\DMICall.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

The following is from my event viewer administrative events upon the most recent crash:

Failed to load the plug-in module. (GUID = {56F9312C-C989-4E04-8C23-299DEE3A36F5})(Error code = 0x80042019)

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
DMICall

Please help I am currently in school for computers but I am still new to troubleshooting so I would like to try to fix this myself if possible. Thank you for your time.

DMICall is not a Windows core driver but a Windows signed driver. It is actually a Sony driver. If you haven't done so already go to Sony's website, find your exact model # and update all drivers for your system, especially the chipset drivers.

A BIOS update may, notice I said may, be in order as well.

Back