Random Video Skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start by saying, I know very little of computers, but what I do know, I know very well. It's pretty weird.. but unfortunately it almost always has to do with video games.

Anyway, here's my problem. The video I play skips, randomly, for a second or two. The video will freeze, but I can still hear sound, and it'll suddenly skip to where it should be, playing like normal until it skips again.

You can see why this is annoying. What's more aggrivating is, this ONLY happens when I'm streaming videos, like South Park Studios, Family Guy X, IllWillPress and YouTube. But when I download a video from YouTube or somewhere else, and play it back on my PC, it plays fine. Not a problem at all. I could run ten of them and not have a problem.

If you have suggestions, please be very clear. Like I said, I don't know these things too well, so you have to be very simple with me. And if you have something you think I'd need, I really need a link or a very specific name. :/

I really appreciate the help.. I just thought I'd ask. This is starting to bug me..

I have -no- idea if this matters but.. here's my info..

Windows edition
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

System
Alienware
5.8 Windows Experience
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20GHz

Sorry if this is vauge.. ;~;

Let me start by saying that you need to run Windows Update and install about 5 years of critical and hardware updates... Then we can work on your problem easier

Okay.. You could have said that a little less rude, but I've done that just yesterday now. I defragged my comp too.. I also ran my anti-virus, and it found a ton of things.

So, now the only video that's skipping still is youtube and southpark. So.. thanks for the tip :) It did help like, half my problems right there. I SAID I didn't know anything about computers. So I told my friend what you suggested, and he did it for me.

There was nothing rude about my post. I am surprised that video skipping is your only issue with this computer. Have your friend check for a bios update for your motherboard. I am almost positive that you are running on-board video, and that you won't understand this. Hopefully your friend will. Please understand that we are not next to you and your computer. We have to depend on the info you give us. Because you don't know anything about computers, you cannot expect to become an expert after a few posts...

Your computer may need a little more memory too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back