Ransomware from a program called NoAdware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentR

Alright, i tried installing an anti adware called "NoAdware" However, Sh*t hit the fan when i finally realized it was fake. So, i try uninstalling it, when i see that one of the items in the scan (it called it 2spy, a keylogger or something) was the uninstaller. It tried taking control of all my running processes, which i hopefully denied to all of them with COMODO. I restarted my computer, and went to the web for help.

I went onto totalvirus.com, and uploaded all the files. Sure enough, 4 of the 36 virus detectors came up positive. Then i went to Exterminate It! and went through the removal process (Registry Keys and Program Files, Start Menu\Programs, etc.) and Manually removed everything it said. I got rid of all the ones on the website AND the ones that Exerminate It's program found (it wouldn't remove the stuff, only detect--Trial versions FTL). It classified that as Ransomware, where the hacker encrypts the harddrive and ransoms it. I don't know if a HijackThis log will help, but i am certainly open to suggestions.

BTW, this is all after i scanned it with Trend Micro Antivirus Trial Version, Prevx 2.0, Malware Antibytes, and i think Avast Antivirus (I scanned the folder, but not the whole computer).

"NoAdware"

Hi :

I became "aware" of "NoAdware" several yrs ago when it was temporarily on the
"Rogue/Suspect" List developed by Expert Eric Howes . The most complete Info
appears to be at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoAdware . I do not know IF "it" has
developed into "Ransomware", but IF you are looking for a FREE program to
possibly "Remove" ALL of it, I recommend you give "Revo Uninstaller" from
www.revouninstaller.com a try .

I am somewhat confused by the programs you've used. There should have been a good, reliable antivirus program on the system at all times, making sure that it updated regularly. You should also have at least 2 spyware/adware programs and scan with them, regularly, updating them right before the scan.

The only security I see that is a resident on your system is Comodo. If you want to know if you got all the malware out, please go to this page and follow the steps, then post the logs:

New malware cleaning instructions from TechSpot:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back