Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard. Recently, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer's Synapse 2.0 to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga. Lo and behold, my Naga issues were fixed, but another problem emerged.

The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware. But after the upgrade, my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped, so when I press one, I get the other.

The only way I've been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around, but when I connect another keyboard, that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped. It's not that big of a deal, but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time, and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this.

I've check around and I can't find any information about this issue and Razer's support website is completely useless as usual. Likewise, I haven't had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware, either.

Does anybody have any idea on what I could do, particularly other BlackWidow owners?

Well, I don't have any specific solution for the BlackWidow, but you could solve this pretty easily with an AutoHotkey script. You could probably make it elaborate enough to detect when the BlackWidow is connected, but that's beyond my ability. However, it's super easy to enable or disable a script (you could even set a hotkey up for that) so it's inactive when you use another keyboard.

I've created a basic script that will swap the left Windows and left Alt keys. You can enable or disable it by pressing win+alt+s (this can be changed to whatever you want, just open the script with a text editor, save your changes and reload the script if it's running). You can download AutoHotkey here.

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

Hi
I've been having the same problem and still can't find the solution the problem is that in my case (maybe even in your) not only the Alt and Win keys switched but also the Fn key is now my Alt key and my Right Alt is also my Win key which means I can't program the Fn key because it's meant to be fixed and non programmable.

I've tried downgrading and reistaling all the drivers and everything but still haven't found the solution.
Also when I downgrade my firmware my keyboard isn't recognized so it only works with synapse

Hi,

I had this problem to and after several time consuming e-mails with Razer they sent me a program that fixed everything more or less instantly. Here it is, you might have to run it again once you've selected your keyboard model from the drop down menu. Hope it works for you too.

Hi,

I had this problem to and after several time consuming e-mails with Razer they sent me a program that fixed everything more or less instantly. Here it is, you might have to run it again once you've selected your keyboard model from the drop down menu. Hope it works for you too.
Holy crap, that actually worked. Keyboard is back to normal now - windows and alt keys and all. Thank you!

Although, the timing seems a bit unfortunate, seeing how I ended up ordering a Filco to replace my Black Widow, and it arrives tomorrow. It seems I was perhaps too hasty in buying the Filco.

Holy crap, that actually worked. Keyboard is back to normal now - windows and alt keys and all. Thank you!

Although, the timing seems a bit unfortunate, seeing how I ended up ordering a Filco to replace my Black Widow, and it arrives tomorrow. It seems I was perhaps too hasty in buying the Filco.

Yeah I was about to order a different keyboard as Razer had been playing around with me, the day I was about to order one they sent me this. On the bright side now you have to awesome mechanical keyboards.

It worked!!!! thank you for that file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razer is still ****....I had so many problems with this keyboard (no other keyboard ever made any problems!!!)

I really want to thank the guy that posted the Razer keyboard fix. It worked INSTANTLY! No fuss. I had the same problem.

My BlackWidow Ultimate was bricked because Synapse decided to update it's firmware and managed to **** it up. Well, no more. After unbricking it by a painful procedure and almost throwing it away because I thought it just broke it worked but in reverse.

Dude, wherever you are, whoever you are, I owe you few rounds of drinks. You have a great great life, Sir. You got my gratitude and I hope I could someday repay you or help other as you did.

Hi,

Thanks. worked for me too. my " and @ had got swapped around after hacking around with the firmware to solve a different issue.

Back