Razer Lancehead Review: Wireless and Wired Versions Tested

Looks ugly and has loads of shapes that will only collect **** without giving any benefit. Hope they get better designer for the next model.

Mice are personal things. While one may perform adequately, be durable and be raved about by some, it might also feel like gripping a pineapple to others. Simply put, they'll always be a try before buy item. I've wasted too much money on "excellent" mice not to have learned that lesson by now and Razer mice have never appealed to me. Again, I learned that lesson the expensive way.

A big NO to $140 mice and $200 keyboards. No one is going to out-game you if these two items are the only difference in your gear and ability and your input devices were half the price.

Gaming mice I feel are a dying industry, they are now trying to flaunt the whole 16,000 dpi which lets be honest, it means nothing and they talk about accuracy... I don't think I have ever used a mouse where I feel ot isn't going where I want it too. I currently use the razer deathadder like most people and I just can't see why I would ever need to upgrade until the thing dies.
That being said, I'd love to see wireless mouse come even further to points where maybe the movement friction on your mouse pad self charges them so you don't have to worry about that... that would be cool

Gaming mice I feel are a dying industry, they are now trying to flaunt the whole 16,000 dpi which lets be honest, it means nothing and they talk about accuracy... I don't think I have ever used a mouse where I feel ot isn't going where I want it too. I currently use the razer deathadder like most people and I just can't see why I would ever need to upgrade until the thing dies.
That being said, I'd love to see wireless mouse come even further to points where maybe the movement friction on your mouse pad self charges them so you don't have to worry about that... that would be cool
High DPI is just a marketing scheme. All I care about, spec wise, is if the sensor tracking is near perfect with zero acceleration. Some mice do have acceleration, which messes up everything.

I just purchased a wired Lancehead Tournament and as much as I like its ability, one thing I'm not happy with is the side grip. Simply put, it's too short. When holding the mouse, my ring finger rests on the vertical crack/join between where the front of the soft grip meets the smooth plastic on the front side of the mouse. Having the finger resting on there is uncomfortable and distracting.
I only hope it’s something I get used to after having spent so much on it.

This is a right handed mouse.No, it is no use to a left handed gamer because it's padding is totally wrong for a southpaw, there is no comfortable way to hold it.
I mean as soon as you turn it over you can see it isn't symmetrical, why would you say a right-handed unit is ambidextrous? all that happens is you get a bunch of returns, I don't get it?

Back