Razer launches Basilisk V3 wired gaming mouse with auto-shifting scroll wheel

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In a nutshell: Razer has added a new member to its popular Basilisk family of gaming mice, and it packs a feature that should be familiar to longtime Logitech users. The new Basilisk V3 is a wired gaming mouse boasting what Razer is calling a smart HyperScroll Tilt Wheel. Users can configure the scroll wheel to automatically switch from a tactile, clicky scroll to a free-spinning mode depending on how fast the wheel is spun. The function can also be toggled manually using a button near the wheel for more control over the feature.

Logitech, if you recall, introduced a very similar feature called SmartShift with its MX Revolution mouse more than 15 years ago. Not long after, the company refined the feature to include manual activation. Both proved incredibly useful in certain gaming situations as well as in daily desktop use.

Razer’s latest also features 10 programmable buttons (plus a profile switch button on the bottom of the mouse that can activate one of five on-board memory profiles) and uses a 26,000 DPI Focus+ optical sensor that can track up to 650 inches per second. The pointer comes equipped with Razer’s Optical Mouse Switch Gen-2 switches, which are rated for 70 million clicks, and a 6-foot Speedflex cable.

You’ll also find 11 Razer Chroma lighting zones with 16.8 million customizable color options, advanced lift-off / landing distance settings and on-the-fly sensitivity adjustments.

The Razer Basilisk V3 is priced at $69.99 and can be purchased from writing directly from Razer.

Permalink to story.

I strongly dislike the aesthetics, build quality and shape of every Razer mouse I have ever seen.

Razer just needs to die already. The second you plug one of their mice etc. in you're immediately greeted with a "pop-up" to install synapse which is, in my opinion, spyware. Synapse sucks and is severely bloated. Don't get me wrong, synapse is quite easy to learn but.......I don't care I guess. Speedflex cables suck unless they've improved them. Cortex is a lie. I can't remember exactly what it says but there's a section where you can "optimize" your games for better performance by using "A.I" technology.....Optimizing my games by lowering the graphics quality isn't A.I technology lol. Their latest monitor is a joke. Yada yada.

Back