Razer refreshes Blade gaming laptop with GTX 970M GPU, 16GB RAM, QHD+ display and more

Shawn Knight

Staff member

razer blade gtx gpu 16gb ram qhd intel nvidia graphics laptop gaming notebook razer blade gaming laptop gtx 970m

Razer has refreshed its popular Blade gaming laptop for 2015 and by all indications, this iteration could very well be the system to beat if gaming on a super thin system is your thing.

Billed as the thinnest and lightest 14-inch gaming notebook in the world, the Blade features an LED backlit 14.0-inch IGZO QHD+ panel operating at a resolution of 3,200 x 1,800 that’s also multi-touch capable.

razer blade gtx gpu 16gb ram qhd intel nvidia graphics laptop gaming notebook razer blade gaming laptop gtx 970m

Under the hood is a quad-core Intel Core i7-4720HQ processor clocked at 2.6GHz alongside 16GB of DDR3 memory and Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 970M mobile GPU. Other specs include up to 512GB of solid state drive storage, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, three USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 1.4a and an anti-ghosting keyboard with adjustable backlight.

The notebook measures 13.6 in. (345 mm) width x 0.70 in. (17.8 mm) height x 9.3 in. (235 mm) depth and tips the scales at just 4.47 pounds.

The system it replaces featured a resolution that matches what the new Blade offers although the GTX 870M had a tough time pushing the high-resolution display during gaming. This year’s machine shouldn’t struggle nearly as much thanks to the GTX 970M but even still, it might be a stretch to expect it to play some of the latest titles at maximum graphics settings.

The new Blade is available to order as of writing with prices starting at $2,199.99.

Permalink to story.

Who games on less than a 15" screen though? 15.6" is the minimum I would get on a gaming laptop. I prefer 24" monitors on a desktop.

That HDMI 1.4a connector makes me sad. Sure it supports outputing at the native resolution, but only at 30fps. HDMI 2.0 and/or mini DP would have been a better offering I'd imagine, but that's just me griping what is likely a moot issue for whoever might actually buy this laptop.

That HDMI 1.4a connector makes me sad. Sure it supports outputing at the native resolution, but only at 30fps. HDMI 2.0 and/or mini DP would have been a better offering I'd imagine, but that's just me griping what is likely a moot issue for whoever might actually buy this laptop.
meh for the price youd kind of expect to be able to output at 60 FPS even if you only did it twice a year.

HOW MUCH??? Surely that's a typo...

If you click on the link right next to the price, you can double check unless you wanted to make the remark anyhow.

Also, "starting at" means the 128 gb, every system has the same video card, proc and ram, the drive is all that changes.

If you click on the link right next to the price, you can double check unless you wanted to make the remark anyhow.

Also, "starting at" means the 128 gb, every system has the same video card, proc and ram, the drive is all that changes.
Nope. I'm not interested in the device.

Cannot understand why HDMI 2.0 wouldn't be available for it. Bleeding edge laptop, great screen, poor display output options. Doesn't make sense?

Back