Razer releases a new mouse pad that's big enough to cover your entire desk

Humza

Staff member
In brief: Razer is charting table mat territory with its new Gigantus V2 series. Stick a few of its 3XL-sized variants together and you'd probably end up with a decent launchpad.

Razer has announced its biggest mouse pad to date with the Gigantus V2, which could potentially turn your entire desk into one soft textured micro-weave cloth surface. The company says its thick high-density rubber foam remains uniformly flat to cushion wrists and provide fluid, consistent mouse movement, while the anti-slip base keeps things under control during hectic gaming sessions.

The V2 improves upon the original Gigantus with an increased thread count weave, the aforementioned anti-slip base, and the larger sizes. It also does away with Razer's slightly protruding triple-headed snake logo on the old pad and replaces it with minimalistic stitching that just says Razer.

The new mouse pad is available in four sizes (width x depth x thickness): Medium (360 x 275 x 3mm), Large (450 x 400 x 3mm), XXL (940 x 410 x 4mm) and 3XL (1,200 x 550 x 4mm). All but the largest variant can also be customized via Razer Customs for an extra $10, while the 3XL is only available in Black.

Pricing starts at $10 for the smallest version, $15 for Large, $30 for XXL and $50 for the 3XL. It's also important to remember that the Gigantus V2s are just the good ol' simple mousepads and don't feature Razer's fancy RGB LED lightning or wireless charging like the Hyperflux or the Firefly mats, and therefore, have been priced as such.

Permalink to story.

If I would use 50 DPI this would be a must have ... but since I am using standard 800-2400, I don't need to have another dirt magnet on a table.
Not to mention good idea to put display, keyboard and speakers on the mouse mat, that won't destroy it at all, right? :D
Just imagine it, having a setup like shown on the picture and 1/2 year later move your display 5 cm to the left side ... :D
But it's Razer, nobody expect something well thought out.

I have a Razer Goliathus and its a great pad, I'll never need another.
I have two Destructors and I certainly will need a new one in year. They seemed to be durable, but they are far from indestructible and their achilles heel is imho low quality glue.
It's just Razer I knew they won't last when I bought them - same as many dead mice, gamepads...

They are good if you want to keep your desk clean of crumbs or drink spills. I have an 800x300x3mm mat from Akasa and it's nice - it covers the keyboard and mouse area and is reasonably comfortable to rest my wrists on and easy to wipe clean.

I have two Destructors and I certainly will need a new one in year. They seemed to be durable, but they are far from indestructible and their achilles heel is imho low quality glue.
It's just Razer I knew they won't last when I bought them - same as many dead mice, gamepads...
I've had my Goliathus for about 7 years, has some small fading/wear on the most used area but its fine, still works/looks great. My BlackWidow Ultimate is going on 8 years with no issues, and I'm on my 2nd DeathAdder. MY first one went about 7 years, my latest is going on about year 3-4 with no problems.

I am done using soft mouse pads. They get dirty too quickly and I dont like the feel when my palm gets sweaty.

I purchased COrsair's rigid (platic) pad few year sago and never wanted to upgrade after.
Also, I have various mice and they all slide better this hard pad unlike soft fabric pads.

Back