Really new to all this!

hey guys, im really new to this forum and also new to computers,

i mean i know how to use a computer but i have not much skills on troubleshooting one.

so here i go asking you guys, what are the basic essential skills needed for one to be competent in troubleshooting a pc?

coz im ashamed to say i don't even know how to reformat a computer,

so other than knowing how to reformat a computer,what others skills can you guys recommend a newbie like me?

im still learning the technical terms, like grapchic cards and such and would love to learn how to built my own pc,

so fill me in guys!

I'll give it a shot...

1. Read these forums. You'll learn a lot. There are some professionals here that lend their valuable time to help others. Others are non-professionals but have learned a lot by reading, listening, and doing. Everyone here is a volunteer.

2. Find someone who has built PCs and learn from them. Watch them as they choose parts and then build them. I remember my first build. After careful reading and research I knew what I wanted and bought the parts. Then I had a friend come over and build it but I also helped. Once you get the hang of it you'll find it isn't that hard but that there definite things to do and not do.

3. Ask. I'm still learning; always will be.

4. Take classes. Beginner courses would be perfect for you.

Back