Really weird sound issue with 'Fatal1ty' gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty9231

Hi all,

I am posting this for a friend:

I have recently bought a new headset, because I saw it at a friends' and I liked it alot. When I plugged it in, everything worked fine. But in my first skype call, people could hear all the sounds I heard, except for themselves.

So I tried muting my microphone, but that made it even worse. It was like my stereo mix was the recording device. People could hear everything, just as if it was their sound. The weird thing is that they do not hear themselves.

Edit: My friend, who has the same headset, has no problems at all with it.

Help would be really appreciated,

Marty

You mentioned hear themselves but normally you are not suppose to hear yourself but the other side talking.

Just to be clear:

The people talking to me DO NOT hear themselves, but just EVERY other sound.
The people talking to me DO still hear any sounds but themselves with the microphone UNPLUGGED from the headset.
The people talking to me hear my sounds LOUDER when my microphone is muted.

Marty

Hmmm ok there is a problem with the connection. How many sounds port did the person has on the PC? Front and Back? And what sound card it the person using?

The person is using a laptop, with 3 stereo jacks on the front. He is using an "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" device.

Marty

Ok. Normally on laptop you have internal microphone with webcam. Have the person try to use this microphone if there is one on his/her laptop? Ask the person to change microphone set also to test if in case the microphone itself it not damage.

Also are the latest drivers installed for the sound device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back