Realtek audio drivers code 10

AXXEL

Hello everyone,

Havent been here in a while so sorry if im doing something wrong, well my problem is with a Toshiba Satellite L505D-LS5005 after having an issue with freezing at start up I ran several antivirus and spyware scans and all came up negative but the freezing continued so I then was able to go into safe mode and do an MSconfig and unchecked everything booting up. That took care of the problem with the freezing and I was able to uninstall Norton and McAfee which I believe was the problem. (enabled one by one to identify the problem so far everything is playing nice no conflicts)

Soon after getting things back to normal I noticed that the audio drivers weren't working. This computer has the "High Definition Audio drivers" but it has "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" status on the drivers. I have tried the following solutions with out results:

Uninstalled drivers from the device manager and reinstalled them using the drivers from the Official Toshiba Website. After installing I restart but still no audio and the same "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" message on the status

I have also tried uninstalling all Realtek drivers such as Ethernet controller and Wireless device controller and done one by one. All other devices install and work after installation except the audio drivers.

I have also gone to Add or remove programs and uninstalled the Realtek audio drivers and reinstalled the drivers from realtek.com and still no audio

I am running windows 7 64bit with 2gb of ram

if anyone has any ideas on a solution I would truly appreciate it! my last resort would be a fresh installation of Win7

Thank you in advance for you time and help

Hi just to start of code 10 is when the wrong driver is installed so you do need to get the right driver .. toshiba is the most unreal difficult company to get drivers from they have a few sites .. not sure y but maybe someone with more experience can help there . you do need to get them from the site tho I will go and try find one for you aswell,, also not 100% sure but im quite sure you should really run 64bit on 2gig of ram that could be another problem ARE YOU IN UK OR USA

I have been running x64 win 7 for a while now and I havent had any problems till now, I'll keep looking for drivers but what doesnt make sense is that it was working prior to my freezing problem either the drivers got corrupt or hardware problems.

I have been looking into "Driver Sweeper" and found an article here on techspot, Does anyone recommend this to clean and probably solve my problem. I'll give it a go and post back results if any.

I got the driver but cant add here I scanned for viruses even thought it come from toshiba site do u have email and ill send to your email addy

I need help here still no luck with any of the provided solutions if anyon can help me I would truly appreciate it.

thank you

That driver not sure if you got the email I did send but if not follow cobalts link above put in your os which I think you said is windows 7 64bit then download the realtek driver this should work if not then we will help look for other solutions

I just looked on link above cant seem to find your one.. try here as this is where I got your driver click windows 7 64 bit and in other click sound then 2 will come up click realtek link good luck...
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...ter=&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

as I said in a previous post there are I think at least 3 sites toshiba use so its alot more difficult to find the right stuff for toshiba not as easy as all the others like acer etc

It is the same link I just did not get the right page up. Sorry, I think it is the 3 page. When I click downloads at the top left, Then hit the page 3 , It is the 5 driver down the page.

Go to link I put above ur last comment then you are on right page then where it says operating system click on win7 64bit then in next on all catorgories click on sound then you will see realtek driver

Sorry about that Terry. My link is to the same one as yours Just takes a few more clicks. Did not mean to post that one.
Your link will be easier for him. Thanks

Back