Realtek HD audio manager problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMooney9

the sound on my laptop wont work. ive gone into device manager under the control panel and went to the current realtek hd audio manager driver and it says its working properly but i cannot hear any sound out of my computer.

I've tried putting headphones into the computer and they wont work either i just get a sort of fuzzy sound but cannot hear any sounds of the computer.

I even replaced the speakers in the laptop only to find out that it was not the problem.

there are two icons in the toolbar at the bottom
-one is a volume symbol and is red in color(this just recently came up)
-the other is a regular white volume symbol where i can adjust the volume

i've looked into the sound manager and none of the volume adjusters are muted or anything so i have no clue what the problem is

can any1 please help me with this

I'd first try just reinstalling Realtek using the latest version you find from your system provider or motherboard mfr.

To remove it, first look in Add/Remove programs to see if Realtek listed and remove it there (that should remove applications, control panel applets and drivers). Then check Device Manager and, if still there, uninstall it from there too

Oh. Sorry. Which version of Windows are you running?

If you're XP it's Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs. If Vista or Win 7 it's called Control Panel->Programs and Features

i uninstalled the realtek hd audio manager driver and then restarted the computer and when i started it up again the computer automatically installed the realtek hd audio manger again and its still not working

If it reinstalled itself on reboot it means you didn't uninstall Realtek first from Add/Remove (or Programs and Features)

Am about to head off to bed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but if you still have the problme after doing the full uninstall / reinstall, you need to give your computer make/model and indicate what Windows version you're running to help maybe figure out any next steps...

i tried it again and it never worked....i uninsalled it from the add/remove programs and even went to the device manager and it was not there so it was uninstalled

when i restarted the computer it automatically re-installed the driver again and i still got the same problem

the volume button is still in the taskbar and when i drag the slider button to adjust the volume it even shows the green flucuations (indicating a sound), but i still cannot hear any sound from it.

my computer is an acer aspire 5610 notebook, and its runing windows vista

i tried it again and it never worked....i uninsalled it from the add/remove programs and even went to the device manager and it was not there so it was uninstalled

when i restarted the computer it automatically re-installed the driver again and i still got the same problem
That's very odd then what i'd expect.. but we'll leave it at that..

Other things you might try
1) Still download and install the latest audio driver file you find on the aspire download site for your computer.

2) See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

3) Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

/* edit */
Am still curios what that new "second" and red volume icon is on your taskbar. Anything appear if you hover the cursor over it?

Here are the reports....the red volume icon isnt there anymore in the taskbar, not quite sure what that was

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43 KB · Views: 2
Drivers look installed OK..
Your default sound is set to Realtek speakers..

I dunno.. Maybe someon else migth have any idea but I'm stumped :confused:. Sorry

Only other things i can think to mention

1. When you go through the Sound/Speaker/Mic settings.. I think there's a check box for your speakers as well as the microphone to "Allow applications to take exclusive use". Make sure they are unchecked

2. I'm still confused (or at least can't explain) how your machine is reinstalling sound after you uninstalled Realtek from Programs and Features. At least make sure when you do the uninstall all the Realtek Control Panel applets are uninstalled at that time as well. As i'd also want to be sure they get reinstalled/re-initialzed as well upon the reinstall.

Sorry can't be of more help.. but should you ever find the problem please post back.. I'm curious how it might get resolved...

Oh. One last thing i just noticed.. Not sure if it will help but i see you're running Vista Service Pack 1. I believe there's a service pack2 available tho don't know that will have anything relative to your problem might still be worthwhile updating

how do u get to the sound/speaker/mic settings, i was in under the control panel but could not find anywhere there was an "allow applications to take exclusive use" check box

k i found it....it was checked but after unchecking it i still got no sound

anyway thanks for all your help, really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back