Realtek HD Audio not recording sound from browser

I recently installed Sound Forge Pro 10 onto my computer that uses Realtek HD Audio.

In its Options I can select - Microsoft Sound Mapper, Direct Sound Surround Mapper, Windows Classic Wave Driver and ASIO4ALL V2.

From the Realtek Manager I can select and record from - Microphone, Line In and Aux but there is no way I can select the output directly from the sound card. e.g. what is playing on my web browser. There is only silence.

Am I missing something or is this not possible with Realtek HD Audio Manager?

I think you are referring to the 'Stereo Mix' audio device.

Try this:

Control Panel > Sound
go to the 'Recording' tab
Where it lists the recording devices, right click in an open area and make sure that "show disabled devices" is checked, and see if Stereo Mix pops up.

If it does, then right-click > Enable, and select that as device to record from.
If it does NOT, I'm both surprised and sorry to say that I can't help you with that.

Note: Stereo mix is the COMPLETE output of your computer, so that includes things like Skype, beeps, pings, Media Player and so on.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting something through now but I need to tweak the levels as I am getting a very strange feedback / loop thing happening. Seems I am on the right track now.

You're welcome, I googled your sound loop/feedback problem, and found someone who said this:

I discovered that if the Loudness option is selected within the Realtek Sound Manager, I get incredible white noise. Unchecking this makes the noise go away. Also, if any features are enabled, or the environment is set to anything BUT Generic, I receive a hollow echo, and if the volume is high enough, feedback (no microphone on my system).

Maybe following his advice will help.

Marty

Thanks Marty,
It turned out that although I had selected the 'Stereo Mix' I had left the 'Speakers' selected as well. As soon as I chose "Digital Output' there was a clean feed.
I am now able to record from the web browser without any trouble.

Kris

Back