Reboot and select proper boot device error

i have a asrock G 31 M-S motherboard . a month back my system often went to safe mode by itself and finally after trying reinstallation of operating system for several times the problem occured and finally it failed to boot and repair with os cd and technical people told the hard disc got corrupted since it could not be formatted and i replaced my hard disc.
after replacement presently when i on the system it restarts during the boot process itself and it reads " REBOOT or select a proper boot device or insert a boot media".
when i go into BIOs settings and click IDE performance default then it boots and while im working if i restart it boots immediately but if i switch off and start after 10 or 20 minutes the same problem re appears.
i followed various threads and i tried many ways but still it persists and i have copied the error message in event viewer and i have pasted here, please help me out with ur valuable suggestions

Event Type: Error
Event Source: crypt32
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8
Date: 1/4/2012
Time: 5:52:12 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HOME-4B1C3E611E
Description:
Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from:

Did you format and install Windows on the new hard drive? Can you see the hard drive in the bios boot list?

reboot error

thank u for ur reply , i totally formatted the new hard drive and installed the O S ie windows xp sp2 , in BIOS settings when this problem occurs it does not detect the hard drive but if i click the option in advanced and i select the " restore IDE performance defaults" and then save the changes in BIOS it reboots once again and finally it detects the hard disc , to be preicse it randomly detects and often it does not detect by itseld without changing the BIOS settings.

Back